Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Finally had something stolen from my Jeep...

Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My jeep stole something from me... My heart!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

This is what I have been using for years... amazon.com/Master-Lock-1480DAT-Stainless-Receiver/dp/B0000AXY62/
Old 09-18-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by berg
I have just come into the following items for sale:
1 used hitch mounted tow hook and pin
1 bag of cat food
1 5 year old CD player
1 used CB radio
1 3/4 tanks of gas.

Be the first to call and get a $3.20 rebate
Call Berg's Discount Jeep Parts

OOPS.....Sorry
will trade for hood mounted 30 cal when I get back from North Shore, Mass
Old 09-19-2008, 06:14 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SONIC
that sucks man

i had some sumbitch steal a bag of cat food.
WTF
You have to watch out for cats, they did this to me....

funny story, Me and my buddy were at a garage sale about two months ago and the lady had a bunch of 1 gallon plastic gas cans she sold us all of them (there were 6 in all) for a grand total of 2 dollars. We filled them up with linseed oil and left them in the back of his truck. Sure enough they were stolen and we called the cops and told them that someone had stolen our linseed oil, (the cops thought it was hillarious,) and sure enough 2 days later the cops busted the guy when he had to have his car towed to the shop!

Been thinking about repeating this and keeping a "gas tank" full of linseed oil for when I have the top off so they might be more likely to go for that than for my cb or something.

Last edited by Ben; 09-19-2008 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ben
You have to watch out for cats, they did this to me....

funny story, Me and my buddy were at a garage sale about two months ago and the lady had a bunch of 1 gallon plastic gas cans she sold us all of them (there were 6 in all) for a grand total of 2 dollars. We filled them up with linseed oil and left them in the back of his truck. Sure enough they were stolen and we called the cops and told them that someone had stolen our linseed oil, (the cops thought it was hillarious,) and sure enough 2 days later the cops busted the guy when he had to have his car towed to the shop!

Been thinking about repeating this and keeping a "gas tank" full of linseed oil for when I have the top off so they might be more likely to go for that than for my cb or something.
Wanted: Bio diesel car that runs on linseed oil!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Wanted: Bio diesel car that runs on linseed oil!
Are you one of those crazy jersey boys who goes out to the pine barrons? That place looks like so much fun from all the ictures and u tube videos.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ben
Are you one of those crazy jersey boys who goes out to the pine barrons? That place looks like so much fun from all the ictures and u tube videos.
Sorry Ben, I just saw your thread.

In answer to your question: HELL YES!. Every weekend if I can. I was just there Sunday.

It's hard to believe such an area exists in this small crowded state.

There are over 500 miles of trails. There mud holes and pits and just beautiful areas to wheel through. All the state requires is you have a driver's license and your vehicle be registered and insured.

If you stay on the trails and don't free wheel through undisturbed grounds, dont trash up the place and be careful of others you might meet coming the other way, you are more than welcome.

A couple from Maryland I met several weekends ago, who were wheeling their TJ were amazed that there was no charge to run the Pine Barrens.

I've been doing it since late winter of this year, and every time I find new places and trails or just get lost.

I can't wait for the first time we get a good snow to out there.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Sorry Ben, I just saw your thread.

In answer to your question: HELL YES!. Every weekend if I can. I was just there Sunday.

It's hard to believe such an area exists in this small crowded state.

There are over 500 miles of trails. There mud holes and pits and just beautiful areas to wheel through. All the state requires is you have a driver's license and your vehicle be registered and insured.

If you stay on the trails and don't free wheel through undisturbed grounds, dont trash up the place and be careful of others you might meet coming the other way, you are more than welcome.

A couple from Maryland I met several weekends ago, who were wheeling their TJ were amazed that there was no charge to run the Pine Barrens.

I've been doing it since late winter of this year, and every time I find new places and trails or just get lost.

I can't wait for the first time we get a good snow to out there.
Man, if I lived closer... Don't get me wrong there is plenty of really fun places to wheel here in East Texas, but every video or picture of that place looks hellafun, and my favorite kind of wheeling.

And I agree, the snow would only add to it! You boys enjoy it up there but don't feel bad for us in Texas, we have plenty here too.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ben
Man, if I lived closer... Don't get me wrong there is plenty of really fun places to wheel here in East Texas, but every video or picture of that place looks hellafun, and my favorite kind of wheeling.

And I agree, the snow would only add to it! You boys enjoy it up there but don't feel bad for us in Texas, we have plenty here too.
I'll bet in the vastness of Texas you've got areas that make our Pine Barrens look llike a city park.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Ben
JK Freak

I'll bet in the vastness of Texas you've got areas that make our Pine Barrens look llike a city park.
Yep here are a few pics and vids of our wheeling last month...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=shiloh+ridge

Quick Reply: Finally had something stolen from my Jeep...