Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Finally did some crawling :)))))))) Im HOOKED!!

Old 09-17-2012, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally did some crawling :)))))))) Im HOOKED!!

Finally made it out to Rausch Creek this weekend and had an amazing time! Before this weekend Ive only done some minor trails mostly mud water and sand. Closest Ive come to rocks would be a gravel driveway.

I was fortunate enough to tag along with a great bunch of guys (both lifted with lockers) who gave me some tips and showed me what my lifted but un-locked, stock 3.73's could do.

All I can say is WOW!!!
I can not believe the stuff I was able to do even without lockers and gears. I also have a new respect for all you guys who do this on a bigger scale. The rocks I was on were nothing compared to some of the trails Ive seen guys do on this forum and the amount of concentration it took for me was far more than I ever thought. Dont get me wrong I didnt think it was easy by any means but to actually be the one driving is a much different experience than watching guys do this. All in all I did pretty well for my first time, for those of you who have been to Rausch I made it through a blue-black trail which is just above intermediate. I also realize that its time to get some gears, lockers and some armor

The damage wasnt too bad, ripped off the center cap on one of my wheels got some new pin stripping from trees and such. The worst damage was from my rocker guards. Since they are rocker guards NOT sliders when they took a good hit they pushed into the body somewhat so I now have 2 decent dents along the rocker panel so needless to say I will be ordering some EVO sliders before my next time out. Also lockers and gears are high on the list.

This was truly the best time ive ever had out wheelin and I cant wait to get back out there and do it again! So for the long post just wanted to share a great experience.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your wallet is about to get a little bit lighter! So what is up first? Sliders?
Old 09-17-2012, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigSteve
Sounds like your wallet is about to get a little bit lighter! So what is up first? Sliders?
You got it. Figured ill start there since the other stuff is just a bit more $$$$
Old 09-17-2012, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

What trails were you on? Hopefully going to Rausch Creek soon...but I'm pretty much stock.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepNoob10
This was truly the best time ive ever had out wheelin and I cant wait to get back out there and do it again! Sorry for the long post just wanted to share a great experience.
You should be sorry. All those words and no pictures........Shame on you.

Sounds like you had a great time. I wish I had a place to really try out my mostly stock JK. I'm jealous.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lulu2533
What trails were you on? Hopefully going to Rausch Creek soon...but I'm pretty much stock.
Sorry, dont remeber the names since i was following and it was my first time there but i saw plenty of stock jeeps on the green and blue trails so you should be fine.

Also keep in mind you ll need at least one other jeep with you to get in.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kaptkrappy

You should be sorry. All those words and no pictures........Shame on you.

Sounds like you had a great time. I wish I had a place to really try out my mostly stock JK. I'm jealous.

I know, I suck... Unfortunately I dont have any just yet. The people we were with took some so maybe I can get some from them
Old 09-17-2012, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JeepNoob10

Sorry, dont remeber the names since i was following and it was my first time there but i saw plenty of stock jeeps on the green and blue trails so you should be fine.

Also keep in mind you ll need at least one other jeep with you to get in.
Yeah, thanks for the heads up!!

Quick Reply: Finally did some crawling :)))))))) Im HOOKED!!