Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

It finally arrived!!! ... but it's not what I ordered.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

swap the seats too
Old 06-16-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all your comments. It was a real tough decision last week. I had a few choices, but it all boiled down to how much was I willing to compromise. The reality was my choices were:

#1. Have them install A/C on the botched factory build.
#2. Reorder
#3. Find a close match in current inventory
#4. Walk away...

#1 was a no go. Not only was the dealership not comfortable with the install, I wasn't either. So even if they offered, I would have refused.

#2 was a problem because of the switch to the 2011 production run. The main issue is I'd lose the $2500 in factory rebates that we lucky Canucks are currently receiving for the 2010s. Plus, the prices for the 2011s aren't out yet (are they more?) and I haven't seen any pics of the new interior. I'm okay with the current interior ... but I might hate the new one. The only thing that might have given me pause was if the 3.8 was going to be replaced with the Pentastar. But even then ... do I want to be a first year guinea pig?

And walking away wasn't an even remote possibility! If I walked away, the moment of weakness that my wife had when she said "okay" would be erased. If I walked away, different vehicles would be discussed and my wife would likely bring "economical" and "practical" back to the bargaining table.

So in the end my only option was current inventory. And in my eyes it all worked out (knock on wood) ... I was luck enough to get almost exactly what I wanted, it only has 14 kilometers on it, I only have to wait another week, and I got some extras. Khaki was my compromise and the gray/black is still alright.

I'm just happy I'm finally getting a Wrangler!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CFW73

So in the end my only option was current inventory. And in my eyes it all worked out (knock on wood) ... I was luck enough to get almost exactly what I wanted, it only has 14 kilometers on it, I only have to wait another week, and I got some extras. Khaki was my compromise and the gray/black is still alright.

I'm just happy I'm finally getting a Wrangler!
Right on!...when you get it post up some pictures!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Right on!...when you get it post up some pictures!
I definitely will.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new Jeep, sucks that they jacked up your order though. I got lucky and found exactly the model I wanted sitting right in front of the dealership with some ugly chrome wheels on it. As soon as I went in, we started dealing and the first thing to go was the wheels.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:40 AM
JK Newbie

Picked up the Jeep on Saturday. Looks and drives great

I've already drilled holes in the mirror. Now I'm just waiting for the parts to install cruise control.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2233..jpg
Views:	53
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	73543  
Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by CFW73
Picked up the Jeep on Saturday. Looks and drives great

I've already drilled holes in the mirror. Now I'm just waiting for the parts to install cruise control.

Looks good....now you will be emptying your pockets for some awesome mods!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

Does not look like a compromise to me, great looking JK just remember JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket

Quick Reply: It finally arrived!!! ... but it's not what I ordered.