Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

It finally arrived!!! ... but it's not what I ordered.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CFW73
Just got back from the dealer. They actually found me something that is almost bang on.......
sounds like they straightened it out out of curiosity what dealer was it?

And welcome to the forum fellow Winnipeger, check out the Western Canada section. We're planning a run in July, hopefully you'll have yours by then!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CFW73
Just got back from the dealer. They actually found me something that is almost bang on.

The Jeep is in Northern Alberta and after phoning the dealer myself, they told me it only has 14km on it and it has never been test driven. There are only two differences - grey interior instead of khaki and it has the black appearance group.

I think Red Rock and khaki are a fantastic combo, so I'm a little disappointed to be losing the khaki.

But other than the loss of a khaki interior, I think the dealer did the best the could and was able to make lemonade out of lemons ... The black appearance group is a nice bonus, the car only has 14 km on the odometer, and I was able to get them to throw in the parts for trailer towing and cruise control ... thank you to all the posters in the https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Cruise-Control thread

Right on!!! However, you just killed a Kitten by calling a Jeep a car.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc_D
I ordered a flame red 2 door rubicon at the end of 2007. When it showed up it had full doors. The only reason I ordered in the first place was because the 2 door version were impossible to find on the lot. The dealer was all confused why I didn't want to take it.

I walked into another dealership and took a full door rubicon off the lot and was able to negotiate down on the price.

Don't take a jeep you dont want. If you're forced to make a compromise buy something off the lot where you have much more ability to negotiate on the price.
Yes they were almost impossible to find on the lot in late 07. Maybe I bought your reject!!! If so...she has been good to me

And these things cost too much not to get exactly what you ordered.

Last edited by Yankee; 06-14-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

Exactly how many are made without A/C ? I thought it was standard equipment.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
Exactly how many are made without A/C ? I thought it was standard equipment.
It's probably "standard equipment" for all the ones they send to sell on the lot - b/c most people these days won't buy one without AC.

But for a custom ordered one, I can see how they would accept the lack of AC on a build sheet and make one without AC?

So, my guess is "No AC" versions are probably pretty rare. They are probably only the botched orders they ship, then the customer refuses (such as this case)...

Glad the OP got it sorted out, but I'd still be pissed b/c I love my khaki interior...
Old 06-14-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

Funny, when I was ordering I also wanted the Khaki but unfortunately was a "No Go" with the Steel Blue. Still think it would have looked great.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

The dealership was Winnipeg Dodge on Portage at the west end of the city. I have to say that they did their best to make the best out of a s****y situation ... but I will miss the khaki.

They did have a real tough time finding a Red Rock Wrangler Sport with A/C though, which is why they had to source the Jeep from a town 150 km north of Edmonton. I've been looking through the Winnipeg inventory on Jeep.ca for two months and I have yet to see one prebuilt with the 3.73 axle option, so I thought the 3.73 axle option would have been the problem. It seems A/C right now is more the exception than the norm - at least for ones in Canada with a Red Rock exterior, manual tranny, and 3.73 axle.

I'm a little surprised at how much help Chrysler/Jeep hasn't been.

After finding the vehicle, the dealership said it would cost them $750 to ship it to Winnipeg. I was floored. You'd think Chrysler would offer the dealership a little assistance after screwing up a build and maybe pay for the shipping on a province-to-province transfer. After all, it wasn't the dealerships's error.

Nope. They leave the dealership to deal with an angry customer and then they stick them with a $750 bill ...

Last edited by CFW73; 06-14-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Houston Texas. If any vehicle sitting on any lot here doesnt have A/C, then that vehicle aint going home with anyone!

I would have been pretty pissed. Could they not just send it back, have the AC put in and then sent back? Maybe use that as leverage to get another $1000 bucks knocked off the price since they botched your order after you warned them? *shrug* I like the gray/black interior, hopefully it grows on you and you spend more time loving your time out wheeling than being disappointed that you ended up khakiless.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

air conditioning is a standard but deletable option on the JK.. up until 2010 it was not standard on a base model Non-S package X.. they made it standard but can be yanked if a buyer wants...

my guess is in canada there is still a market for them without A/C..

in the TJ days it was real common for dealers to order them without A/C as it was an EASY add option to put factory MOPAR A/C in them... there is no such kit or provisions for the JK.. as of about a year ago I know there were not even any aftermarket options for it...

some people just dont like it... personally I have or add A/C in everything.. in fact when i used to drag race my 79 camaro (700 HP smallblock) I had A/C in it and had fashioned up a catch can to catch the water.. as A/C drips were a no-no on the track...

my last JK was a red rock with khaki interior.. wow what a great combination.. id say make them order you a new JeeP and get what you want... make the dealer give you a discount or a free option or 2 to make up for the disconnect.....
-Christopher
Old 06-16-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe make them order you a Khaki Soft Top to swap out on that one... if you don't mind the interior still being gray.

I have to agree with the other person who posted... too much $$$ to not get what you want.

Maybe tell them to keep it and put in a 2011 order???

Quick Reply: It finally arrived!!! ... but it's not what I ordered.