Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

It finally arrived!!! ... but it's not what I ordered.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It finally arrived!!! ... but it's not what I ordered.

I ordered my Jeep on the 24th of April. After patiently waiting seven weeks for my 2-door Red Rock sport with khaki interior, 3.73 axle, side steps, 17" wheels, hardtop and A/C. ... it has finally arrived. Unfortunately, it arrived minus the A/C and side steps.

What a let down.

The side steps are no big deal since they can be added, but the lack of A/C is a huge issue. I've got a couple of young children (6 & 4) and without A/C I can't drive this for long distances on hot days. They'll love it when the top is off in the city... not so much on the highway.

What burns me even more is that I tried to warn the dealership. After the car was built, I pulled the car sticker from http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...AA2D11ALxxxxxx and saw that the Jeep was missing two of my options. I phoned the dealer, but they said everything was OK. They just looked up the build that they submitted and it stated A/C and side steps ... They should have dug a little deeper.

Presently, they're doing a vehicle search to see if they can find something close to what i actually ordered. We'll see.

Last edited by CFW73; 06-11-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sheesh! This is a fixable--though boneheaded--problem, but you'll have to be diligent. Make sure you get what you want, even if they have to re-order it. Just make sure you don't lose any incentives with the wait.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:33 PM
JK Jedi

That sucks...I would wait till they order one with all your required options or hunt one down. Be patient...it's hard, but wait till you find the right one.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Since what you got is pretty common, they should have you one in a couple of days.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:12 AM
JK Junkie

That sucks but I would stand fast if AC is important. Most things can be easily add/modified on the Jeep but I wouldn't want to try to add an AC system. Talk to the dealer about knocking the price down or free upgrade to a Rubicon
Old 06-12-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Too long to build and wrong

Wow! When they built my new one in April it arrived after just 23 days from order to delivery to dealer. AND it came with everything I ordered. The manger said Chrylser is trying to build and deliver with an average of 40 days so yours was not too far over average but I would not accept it without A/C. You're right things like steps and running boards can be added but A/C can't. Now if they wanted to discount it VERY heavily, maybe it could be considered. But it would have to be a BIG discount.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

I would have gone nuts!:gaah :
Old 06-12-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

damn, if i ordered one and it didnt come exactly as it was, it would be pretty pissed off! I just ordered some parts from Quadratec (new Drake Offroad shift knobs for the transmission, transfer case and ebrake handle) and instread they sent me 4 center caps for my wheels...... what the hell is this stupid shit. So since i received it late friday, after they closed, i have to wait until monday for somebody to phone me, also i live in canada so not only did i pay for something that wasnt mine, i also paid for the customs at the boarder as soon as UPS came to the door..... worst part, i ordered 3 different orders from them, this is number 1, so will they screw up on the other two......
Old 06-12-2010, 07:29 AM
JK Freak

I ordered a flame red 2 door rubicon at the end of 2007. When it showed up it had full doors. The only reason I ordered in the first place was because the 2 door version were impossible to find on the lot. The dealer was all confused why I didn't want to take it.

I walked into another dealership and took a full door rubicon off the lot and was able to negotiate down on the price.

Don't take a jeep you dont want. If you're forced to make a compromise buy something off the lot where you have much more ability to negotiate on the price.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Just got back from the dealer. They actually found me something that is almost bang on.

The Jeep is in Northern Alberta and after phoning the dealer myself, they told me it only has 14km on it and it has never been test driven. There are only two differences - grey interior instead of khaki and it has the black appearance group.

I think Red Rock and khaki are a fantastic combo, so I'm a little disappointed to be losing the khaki.

But other than the loss of a khaki interior, I think the dealer did the best the could and was able to make lemonade out of lemons ... The black appearance group is a nice bonus, the car only has 14 km on the odometer, and I was able to get them to throw in the parts for trailer towing and cruise control ... thank you to all the posters in the https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Cruise-Control thread

Last edited by CFW73; 06-13-2010 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply: It finally arrived!!! ... but it's not what I ordered.