Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fakeicons......on display.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skippyrock
thats different, the example you give would be like if someone took a wrangler and put honda badges and sold it as a honda. And since when does a walmart salesperson take you around to look at diferent pairs of pants and explain to you about them.

To make the car a fake they would have to go through alot more then just a sticker. if they changed the tire put sliders on them and stickers... And actually removed the other stickers then fine they are frauding. but they left the original stickers on showing they are not "frauding"

They could have just put the stickers on there because people like stickers... Have you ever sold a used car that had stickers on it? or known someone that has stickers. what if your jeep has say a "burton snowboard" sticker on the back. are people to believe its a special burton jeep... no

will it help them sell the jeep quicker. im sure it will. are they saying its a rubicon, I dont know. maybe the OP can go and act interested and see what they tell him. Until then we all have no clue.
If it was "just" a sticker, then that would be true. But it is not just a "sticker". It is a registered trademark of Jeep. If the sticker said anything generic, that would be different. Same reason that every retailer can not stick an "Ipod" sticker on every MP3 player they sell. Putting a Burton sticker on there does not make anyone think it is a snowboard. Putting a Rubicon sticker in the same location as the factory at the least could.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I looked up the following about this

The silver one is listed as a Unlimited Sahara, despite having the Rubi sticker.

http://www.888karplus.com/ou/pacoima...angler/X184221

I wanted to call and play the dumb guy, mostly because I'm the dumb guy.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 20JK10
The BBB isn't going to do anything. It's no different then a kid putting Type-R badges on a Civic, or a Camaro Z28 owner putting on SS badges, or someone making a Shelby GT350 "clone".
No, it is different. These people are actually selling it. What if I sold you an iPod and made a fake label that said 160GB, and you never owned a iPod before so you don't know what to look for. Wouldn't' you assume it had 160GB in it?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by 915RUBICON
... I baseball glove, is quite a bit different than an 18k dollar automobile...
You might feel differently if it was your kid's six months worth of grass cutting earnings.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

You would hope people would find out when they call their insurance carrier and tell them the VIN #. Then the agent says: "the quote for your 2008 4dr X will be...." and then you say "my X????" it says Rubicon!".

Or the carfax report.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Please read my previous post on this thread about the badge

the dealership evidently realized the difference too and listed it as a Sahara despite the Rubi badge

Old 03-11-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark
Call Chrysler. They may have all the correct numbers to call already and lawyers on hand for this sort of thing? Who knows.
this is funny!! do you really think they care about those stickers??
Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by robin
this is funny!! do you really think they care about those stickers??
do you think Vibram cares about all the knock off counterfeit FiveFinger shoes out there?

ht tp://www.vibramfivefingers.com/counterfeits/how-to-spot-a-fake.html

or Microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/c...pg=counterfeit
Old 03-11-2011, 11:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Above anything else, I think we're all just annoyed by the fakers who practice this type of "fraud." We take it personally because we love our Jeeps.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Above anything else, I think we're all just annoyed by the fakers who practice this type of "fraud." We take it personally because we love our Jeeps.
not really. While it bothers me a little if a person puts that sticker on his non rubicon and then his friends get a false idea of what a true rubicon can do.

Fraud really pisses me off. I have been on the receiving end of a fake Sony headset. Sorry, I didn't bother to get an EE degree so I would notice the resistors were different if I tore it apart before buying. Guess some here would say that was my fault.

Quick Reply: Fakeicons......on display.