Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fakeicons......on display.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor

Because he is from LA
Hahaha exactly..... You'd guess Juan as well if you saw the neighborhood. I'm not tryin to be racist but it was the first name that popped on my head hahaha.

As for the sticker price..... I only looked at one sticker cause I had to climb up on it but it was an 07 going for 18k.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

No no it's all good, I just wanted to break up this call someone attitude everyone had, I truly believe buyer beware, if you get taken by chessy RUBI stickers, and buy something like a jeep for 18k, without know what your buying than........you have more money than cents.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by 915RUBICON
No no it's all good, I just wanted to break up this call someone attitude everyone had, I truly believe buyer beware, if you get taken by chessy RUBI stickers, and buy something like a jeep for 18k, without know what your buying than........you have more money than cents.
It should not be necessary for a buyer to be technically aware if a product meets what it's represented to be. This is already covered by both federal and consumer protection laws. And, for those who think that a buyer should be technically savvy and caveat emptor, consider how you'd feel if you were buying something very expensive that you were not technically smart about. Say, perhaps an SSK baseball glove for your kid. And after buying it you learned it was a cheap, Chinese knock-off that was illegally imported into the country and the dealer just gave you a shrug: "Tough luck, bud." I'm sure you'd want some government action taken against those who purposefully misrepresented the product.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Ste
JK Newbie

gotta agree with those who think 'what's all the fuss about!'...it's just a sticker after all, I can't see any offence unless the dealer is trying to sell it as a Rubi...
Old 03-10-2011, 01:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by skippyrock
I dont think it is fraud or anything like that. really the only way they can get introuble is if they sell it to you telling you its a rubicon jeep. (explaining all the rubicon extras) if they just call it a wrangler and on all the paper work it says wrangler its shame on they buyer. A sticker wouldnt be enough for fraud.
Nope, if you go to Walmart and buy a pair of pants with a label that said Levi's, it doesn't matter what the salesperson said if they are fakes.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

I think there are more people than we realize who do not know what the difference is in the Rubicon or the X. By placing the Rubicon decals on the hood, they are committing a fraud, and I think something should be done as well to these crooks. When I owned my 09 "X" I never tried to foist on anyone that it was anything but an X, and now that I drive a Rubicon it upsets me when I see locals with the decals on the hood of Sports, etc.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Ste
JK Newbie

imitation is the greatest form of flattery...it's just a sticker I've got 'renegade' decals on the hood of my JK...go sue me
Old 03-10-2011, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
It should not be necessary for a buyer to be technically aware if a product meets what it's represented to be. This is already covered by both federal and consumer protection laws. And, for those who think that a buyer should be technically savvy and caveat emptor, consider how you'd feel if you were buying something very expensive that you were not technically smart about. Say, perhaps an SSK baseball glove for your kid. And after buying it you learned it was a cheap, Chinese knock-off that was illegally imported into the country and the dealer just gave you a shrug: "Tough luck, bud." I'm sure you'd want some government action taken against those who purposefully misrepresented the product.
Well I understand it's fraud, and I understand that some people do not educate themselves when it comes to the facts and differences when buying something, and very true, they would be upset, the "BAD GUYS" can and do... do this and it's a sad. but that's why people need to be aware of what they are buying, Now you what to rely on the GOVERNMENT, to do something about it because you can't make an educated decision on a purchase. Well THIS sounds like the HOUSING MARKET NOW.

Go ahead an rely on the government to stop false advertising, sure like they don't do it themselves......

I baseball glove, is quite a bit different than an 18k dollar automobile...
Old 03-10-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do did anyone call chrysler/jeep? are they going to do something about it, or even the BBB? Just wondering?
Old 03-10-2011, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ste
imitation is the greatest form of flattery...it's just a sticker I've got 'renegade' decals on the hood of my JK...go sue me
Yeah but you're not selling your jeep and calling it a JK RENEGADE.
Someone should call the dealership and ask over the phone for info about the "Rubicons" on the lot. I'm curious to see if they are pushing them verbally. Then I'd call the BBB or whomever.

Quick Reply: Fakeicons......on display.