Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fakeicons......on display.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or just buy better parts then the rubi comes with and upgrade your x or Sahara to something better than a rubi. There's tons of options out there for the jk
Old 03-09-2011, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's really tacky...
Old 03-09-2011, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

I dont think it is fraud or anything like that. really the only way they can get introuble is if they sell it to you telling you its a rubicon jeep. (explaining all the rubicon extras) if they just call it a wrangler and on all the paper work it says wrangler its shame on they buyer. A sticker wouldnt be enough for fraud.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JK KiD
Or just buy better parts then the rubi comes with and upgrade your x or Sahara to something better than a rubi. There's tons of options out there for the jk
I absolutely agree! If you're gonna build it, improve on what jeep offered.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

I dont know about anyone else, but I noticed a significant improvement off-road, as soon as I added knock-off Rubicon stickers to my 2wd X Unlimited. Next mod is tires, then a long ride to Moab.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by smallzphoto
I would gave thought it was the person that sold the jeep to the dealer as well but the fact they have 2 for sale and they both have the same fake decal means the dealer is at fault.
Yeah, and both vehicles have their Rubicon stickers in black. If I were to spend time & money to make my own Jeep a Fakeicon, I would at least order the correct sticker color for my paint color.

I'd imagine this car dealer has several of those Rubicon stickers, all in black, ready to through on the next Wrangler that comes on their lot.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:27 PM
JK Junkie

I would gave thought it was the person that sold the jeep to the dealer as well but the fact they have 2 for sale and they both have the same fake decal means the dealer is at fault.
I did not notice that they both had the same exact decal it must definitely be the dealer, I would report them for false advertising. Also you should go check the sticker price for them if they are rubicon resale value then that means they really are trying to scam people. Is it a Chrysler or a privately owned one?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can imagine the conversation now...... "hey Juan".... "I know how to sell those jeeps faster!!! Let's get some rubicon stickers that the expensive ones all seem to have! Noone will ever notice the difference!"
Alright, just a minute there, I have one question..... Why Juan? Did anyone else catch that? Why not Bob? Chuck? Chance? Brandon? Dakota? What about muhammad? Ackmed? Yang? Dwayan?...just saying does he have to be of mexican descent.

But....Truth be told buyer beware!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

Looks to be a private dealer with all the different makes of cars on the lot.

Originally Posted by 915RUBICON
Alright, just a minute there, I have one question..... Why Juan? Did anyone else catch that? Why not Bob? Chuck? Chance? Brandon? Dakota? What about muhammad? Ackmed? Yang? Dwayan?...just saying does he have to be of mexican descent.

But....Truth be told buyer beware!
Who the f#@! cares?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 915RUBICON
Alright, just a minute there, I have one question..... Why Juan?
Because he is from LA

Quick Reply: Fakeicons......on display.