Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fakeicons......on display.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya that's pretty shady coming from a dealership. I wouldn't buy anything there.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

You have to give them some credit. At least they put the red Jeep on the stand for everyone to see and left the Toyota FJ parked next to it.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call some one - BBB or Chrysler. Some unsuspecting parent wanting to get a JK for their kid, first time buyer- we all started out " innocent" at some time. That sucks big time..
Old 03-09-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

before ya go calling the bbb or chrysler maybe somebuddy should go down there and pretend to be interested in buying the jeep. play dumb and see what the dealership is claiming the jeep to be ? if they are trying to pass them off as rubicons , then ya got them by the short hairs.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Junkie

I would also call BBB and the Police, but then again the dealer probably did not install the stickers it was most likely the owner that sold it to the dealer, when they run the VIN to buy the Jeep they will have probably bought it for the price of the Sahara or X and when they sell it they will probably sell it according to the price of an X or Sahara but you should at least notify someone.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snowbilt
I seen one a few months ago in Midwest city, OK. Steps and painted fenders haha. Infuses if you don't do your research you will get burned.
I swear, mine is the real "Sahara" and no "Rubicon" sticker in Midwest City.

I'm a bit new to Jeeps but I noticed the Sahara and X sticker immediately. I do know that the Rubicon will be my next Jeep.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MagnumD69
There was a TJ "Tomb Raider" version a few years back...
yes, but never a JK version. Also, the TJ tomb raider version ran bushwacker flares, a custome light bar and custom seatbelt and center console accents. I even think the seats were a different fabric. Also the model was a modified rubicon.

No JK has been offered with anything close to that.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SpudNuts
I swear, mine is the real "Sahara" and no "Rubicon" sticker in Midwest City.

I'm a bit new to Jeeps but I noticed the Sahara and X sticker immediately. I do know that the Rubicon will be my next Jeep.
Why? Just build your Sahara to how you want it. There's no need to start over with a Rubicon. I have a Rubicon and have sold or will be selling nearly all my "rubicon" parts. Just buy them used as people like me unload them and build your own JKU Rubicon for much cheaper. Yes, even my from D44 is going. The only item you may have to root around for is the T-case if you need a 4-1. That will probably need to come from a wrecking yard.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt852
I would also call BBB and the Police, but then again the dealer probably did not install the stickers it was most likely the owner that sold it to the dealer, when they run the VIN to buy the Jeep they will have probably bought it for the price of the Sahara or X and when they sell it they will probably sell it according to the price of an X or Sahara but you should at least notify someone.
I would gave thought it was the person that sold the jeep to the dealer as well but the fact they have 2 for sale and they both have the same fake decal means the dealer is at fault.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure it's a big deal at all. Anyone out looking to buy a jeep has an idea of what they may be looking for. I'm guessing the first jeeper to stop and talk to the dealership will let them have it. I find it funny myself. These clowns don't have a clue of what a jeep is at all.

Quick Reply: Fakeicons......on display.