Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

explain RTI Ramp score

Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default explain RTI Ramp score

Saturday i tryed out the rti ramp at ok4wd and scored a 767 now the guys there said that was pretty good but who can explain the rti score to me
Old 05-17-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What degree ramp was it? 20, 30 what?
On a 30 degree ramp
distance/wheelbase x1000= RTI
Old 05-18-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand how to figure it out but other than saying i got a ..... but what is good great and fantastic. Is what i'm really after.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: explain RTI Ramp score

Originally Posted by backroadman81
Saturday i tryed out the rti ramp at ok4wd and scored a 767 now the guys there said that was pretty good but who can explain the rti score to me
The RTI score itself it totally meaningless!

Maybe this background will help a bit:

As I recall, Four Wheeler magazine came up with the RTI ramp as a means to determine who's vehicle would articulate better than others. When you look at all the ways one could modify their vehicle to articulate more, there's just no way of determining who has the best articulation. So Four Wheeler magazine came up with the RTI ramp.

One of the things Four Wheeler has noticed is that today's vehicles, whether factory or modified, articulate better than when they first came up with the RTI ramp. Originally they used a 20 degree ramp. Soon folks started scoring 1000 on the RTI scroe so Four Wheeler came up with the 30 degree ramp. Then they had to go up to the 40 degree ramp.

As far as I know, you should not compare your RTI score on the 20 degree ramp with a score from the 30 or 40 degree ramp.

So with a score of 767, your vehicle articulates less than my 2007 Jeep Rubicon, which according to the brochure (I have not yet had the opportunity to score it!) with the swaybar disconnected will achieve a score of 822! So that means mine will articulate more than yours.

Here's a page from my personal website that may explain it better:

http://www.dog-walker.us/4x4/4x4-206.htm

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: explain RTI Ramp score