Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Excessive wait times and poor communication from Shrockworks. Caveat Emptor.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

w squared, I apologize for the delays. There is really no acceptable excuse. All I can say is that much that has happened over the last several months was not planned or anticipated. A lot of our assumptions turned out to be incorrect and it has caused a lot of delays and grief.

We are working very hard to fix this. We are now in our new larger facility which will help with efficiency quite a bit. We have secured funds to buy additional equipment, hire more people and are very much committed to getting lead times down dramatically lower than they are now. Getting money these days is hard, to say the least, but it is done, and the combination of additional funds, new facilities, new equipment and a lot of long hours is starting to show some progress.

We are a small company and there are only a few of us here, but everyone is working hard to improve the situation. I have poured 10's of thousnads of hours into this over the last 5 years, missed a lot's of time with my family doing it, and I can assure that I do care, I do not consider the delays acceptable and we WILL fix it and soon.

If you want a refund I will be happy to process it today. If you (ans anyone else reading this who is waiting) choose to hold on, I guarantee you will be extremely satisfied with the products or you can ship it back at our cost.

Jim
Old 02-24-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

To the OP: I feel your pain.

To Jim,

I posted this on my original thread but I don't think it got seen...

I appreciate that you are working on the problem but when I had made my order nearly 4 months ago I called and asked what the wait may be. I knew I had a trip coming up in March and wanted to be sure I would get my bumper before then.

I was told 8-10 weeks with a MAX of 12. I can even understand if that had to slide a bit. But someone has to TELL ME ABOUT THE DELAY. No one called or e-mailed me. I had to find it out myself. I was then told 4 more weeks. Fine. But again the deadline was missed and NO ONE INFORMED ME. I call and find out the new delay is 6-8 weeks!!!! Thats 6 months to fill the order I paid for a half a year ago! Worse yet, now here I am partially screwed because I have only a few weeks to find, order, and install a different companies bumper before my trip.

I don't understand how a product line can be behind by NEARLY 6 Months! Maybe address backlogged orders first BEFORE working on new designs. I love the new stuff but it is a moot point because it can't be purchased. I really chaps my a$$ to have paid you guys 4 months ago and then see all the efforts toward new designs while you still can't fill existing orders. You can't screw your customers that way and continue to be in business. You have a great following now because you have a great product but all it is going to take is a new company to come along with a similar good product, they can actually deliver, and BAM you guys are dead in the water. Sorry to preach but I have seen way too many companies that have excellent products screw themselves with poor management of their product production.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor

Here are some pics inside our new facility, so you can see that we are still here. For anyone who has been to the old shop, the improvement should be clear.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SiXeVeN
To the OP: I feel your pain.

To Jim,

I posted this on my original thread but I don't think it got seen...
I saw it. I have explained things as best I can and done my best to apologize in tghis and the other thread. There is no majic bullet excuse, it has been a huge series of things and I dont want to getinto debating every last detail.

I'm not sure what you mean about "all the new stuff" tube fender prototypes? Our "engineer" is spending 95% of his time answering emails and fabricating existing orders. We have definitely not been focusing on new products.

The bottom line for me is that it has happened, it isnt unacceptable, there really is no "excuse" from the customer's perspective, and we are working our ass of to improve things for our customers.

Part of that is improving communication. Point well taken on that.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Jim,

Fair enough. Not everything goes to plan... that's for sure.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Although since I had to cancel my Shrockworks order i'm still screwed as I need to find, order, receive, and install a winch bumper in the next 2-3 weeks for my trip. Not really sure where to look.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by SiXeVeN
Although since I had to cancel my Shrockworks order i'm still screwed as I need to find, order, receive, and install a winch bumper in the next 2-3 weeks for my trip. Not really sure where to look.
Bumpers available at Northridge4x4

Last edited by Piginajeep; 02-24-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Once again Shrockworks has failed to meet the order date I was quoted....3 weeks ago today I was told "3 weeks firm"....3 weeks came and I sent another email to which I got the response "another week and a half" becuase of PCing....

I have now waited 6 months and have nothing to show for it....cancelling my order isn't even a thought becuase I have waited this long and I just want my bumper already....no more excuses. I have been given so many delivery estimates that I have forgotten just how many there has been....

Jim I appreciate you stepping up and trying to appease the situation, however this is one customer that is truly dissatisfied.

Shrockworks used to get nothing but praise on this site but lately these are the threads that have been popping up on a daily basis.....
Old 02-24-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

The wait time that you guys are talking about are keeping from buy a front and rear bumper. I don't like handing money out and not seeing anything in return for 2+ months. This to me is not acceptable, however I do like there products.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jim,

Thanks for the info and picts. I'll wait a few months after all and see how things are then.

Quick Reply: Excessive wait times and poor communication from Shrockworks. Caveat Emptor.