Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Enviromentally Friendly JK?

Old 07-15-2007, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enviromentally Friendly JK?

I was noticing while on the Car lot that lots of Commanders have Flex-Fuel ability. Any word or ideas of it the JK will have Flex-Fuel capabilities?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its the 4.7L V8 in the Commander that is flex-fuel capable.
You do loose some power and MPG when running E85, so I doubt you'll see the Wrangler running E85 any time soon, unless they put a V8 in it.

Last edited by Eracer76; 07-15-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default E85

E85 is a stupid idea... it only slows our progress to the next step.

it's a stop gap fix that will never take off...

you want me to pay MORE per gallon and get LESS mpg?!

yea... that will sell...

Now find me an electric car that can go 200 miles on 1 charge and charge it from a nuc. plant... bingo... least pollution for most miles...

anyone see the Chevy Volt? it's slick shit, and the right direction!
should be on sale by 2008
Old 07-16-2007, 05:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, e85 contains more than 25% less energy and will soon cost as much if not more than gas. The smog pollutant reduction is also hotly debated.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wait, I thought the government said that this is great and will help solve our oil problem?!?! They wouldn't lie to us.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you guys even research about E85 or just knock it cause everyone else does?

It's actually not a bad "Patch", It greatly reduces the use of petrolem and yes it is less powerfull then gas but has a much higher octane rating so you can bump up compression and/or timing to get some of that power back (or us Turboed guys can turn the boost up a bit more without detonating ).

The cost is only high since demand is going up, once it stabilizes and the infastructure is there the prices should fall.

Yes there is debate about pollution since it does still emmit Co2 but the arguement is that the corn uses Co2 to grow and the vehicle spits it back out so there is a cycle and you are not introducing more Co2 into the air.

I still agree that there are other solutions that are better or at least have more potential but E85 is relitivly easy to incorperate into our existing infastructure, is better for the environment and puts money in Americian Farmers pockets instead of foreign countries that just want to nuke us.

Last edited by FuLcRuM; 07-18-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FuLcRuM
I still agree that there are other solutions that are better or at least have more potential but E85 is relitivly easy to incorperate into our existing infastructure, is better for the environment and puts money in Americian Farmers pockets instead of foreign countries that just want to nuke us.
True dat. I could care less (at this point) what my Jeep runs on, but I'm anxious to see some alternatives down the road that have been established (read: the infrastructure you're talking about).

I'm really looking forward to that car the government has that runs on water. I think it will kick ass.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

INMO anything that can help wean us off the OPEC tit of petroleum is a good thing on many levels.

If they put a Flex-Fuel V8 in the JK, I just might give up my dream of a diesel!!
Old 08-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Former Member

OMG... Just build a new freakin pipeline and drill in Alaska.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

I know this post is old, but does anyone know if the JK will run on E-85?

I'm a big fan of not emitting more CO2 into the air. I like the idea of to grow Corn takes CO2 out of the air, and to burn it puts it back. So what if it costs more. Plus is screws OPEC!

Quick Reply: Enviromentally Friendly JK?