Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Engine light....

Old 02-15-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine light....

Ok

So this was something that happened when i FIRST bought my jeep and had to take to dealer twice and it went away... so round 2.

Today, I was waiting for wife in a parking lot and went to turn on the jeep and pop on the A/C (75 degrees today in AZ) and the check engine light went on. I also noticed the lights on the console for the A/C, interior circulation light and defrost light were no longer working (turning on) when I pressed them. However, they were actually working just no light and a check engine.

I did the on off deal and got an error code of p0481 which i looked up and found to be P0481 - Cooling Fan 2 Control Circuit.

Odd tho.

So after driving a bit and going somewhere else, i tuned on the jeep again to find the check engine light on still. Did the same on off deal but it now finds NO error codes....

Any ideas? I have an appointment with the dealership service in the AM to check this out once again......
Old 02-16-2010, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Update.

If this is happening to you check this out. It is apparently a software problem.

http://www.xkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_xk_1804707.pdf
Old 02-16-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok

So update.

Dealership had the jeep for 3 hours, updated the PCM and said it seemed fixed.

I get the jeep drive for about an hour doing errands. While leaving the dealership i notice engine light is off and the lights for the A/C show on (and it is on) so everything is fine.

After going somewhere and getting back in the jeep, I notice the check engine light still is off but now the light for the a/c is off (yet the a/c is on). I flick it on and off and the light does not come on even tho the a/c is going on and off.

About another 30 minutes later check engine light comes on. I try to get an error code but none comes up (just lines then says done).

Now i have had this issue twice since i bought this 2010 jeep. The FIRST day and it took twice to fix it, and now 3 months later and this time they didnt seem to resolve it.

Do i call them again or try a different dealership? Im getting frustrated at this point.

Quick Reply: Engine light....