Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Employee discounts available to non family?

Old 02-05-2007, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geeper
How can you get a list of the eligible supplier/affiliate companies that you can get a discount through? Thanks
The list is not available to the public. The companies that have it set up with DCX have to notify their employee's of it.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default Sorry- more questions, but really need some help

Well, I am extremely upset and do not know if I am being messed with or not-

I ordered my JK in October 2006 and I am currently in D status (they haven't even started building it yet). I own a house with my boyfriend and he has family that works for Chrysler in Michigan. When I ordered my JK, they told me it qualified for the Friends and Family program and the price came to approximately $29, 500 (Rubicon).

I received a call today from the dealership and they expect a virtually identical Rubicon to arrive around February 19 (I guess the deal fell through with someone else). When I told him I was interested in buying this new vehicle he told me they can just transfer the discount over.

Well, to make a long story short, I was told that I couldn't get the discount on the new vehicle. But what really gets me is when I told him I would just wait for the vehicle I ordered, I was told that I wouldn't get the discount on that either because it is not available.

Is it just me, or does that seem REALLY wrong? I was quoted the price in October (that was the price agreed upon and was told I qualified for the Friends and Family discount). I can understand if the "non-family" eligibilty has changed since October, but wouldn't I still be entitled to that discount? Grandfathered in or something? Is it because I am only in "D" status and not further along? :confused:

Can someone please tell me anything if they know? I am really ready to just cancel my order all together.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lindsaythomp
Well, I am extremely upset and do not know if I am being messed with or not-

I ordered my JK in October 2006 and I am currently in D status (they haven't even started building it yet). I own a house with my boyfriend and he has family that works for Chrysler in Michigan. When I ordered my JK, they told me it qualified for the Friends and Family program and the price came to approximately $29, 500 (Rubicon).

I received a call today from the dealership and they expect a virtually identical Rubicon to arrive around February 19 (I guess the deal fell through with someone else). When I told him I was interested in buying this new vehicle he told me they can just transfer the discount over.

Well, to make a long story short, I was told that I couldn't get the discount on the new vehicle. But what really gets me is when I told him I would just wait for the vehicle I ordered, I was told that I wouldn't get the discount on that either because it is not available.

Is it just me, or does that seem REALLY wrong? I was quoted the price in October (that was the price agreed upon and was told I qualified for the Friends and Family discount). I can understand if the "non-family" eligibilty has changed since October, but wouldn't I still be entitled to that discount? Grandfathered in or something? Is it because I am only in "D" status and not further along? :confused:

Can someone please tell me anything if they know? I am really ready to just cancel my order all together.
Unfortunately you are probably out of luck. The Employee Purchase programs from the factory are not like consumer rebates. They are special offers which can be taken away at any time by teh factory. When you ordered your vehicle they were showing that the Employee Choice (Friends and Family program) was elligible on the Wrangler. Shortly after that they discontinued that program on the Jeep Wrangler. There is no such thing as being Grandfathered in on a program which is a benefit for the Employee, family members or friends.

Remember that the dealer has nothing to do with these programs. So if Chrysler takes it away, they (the dealer) are not obligated to sell the vehicle at that price. We get a credit from the Manufacturer for selling at those prices (so it is not a financial loss), but if they are not applicable programs then we don't get that credit.

The only chance you have is to see if your family member who got you the Employee Choice number can get you an Employee Advantage number instead which would qualify for Family Members Only.

Remember that the restriction on the Employee Choice number is only on the 4 door, not the 2 door.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
The only chance you have is to see if your family member who got you the Employee Choice number can get you an Employee Advantage number instead which would qualify for Family Members Only.
Thanks Don-A-Vee- I appreciate the explanation. But, I don't know exactly how these things work. When I ordered the vehicle I, of course, had everything in my name. If I got the Employee Advantage number, I understand it would have to be in my boyfriend's name:confused: It is his uncle that works for Chrysler. I wouldn't have a problem doing that as we have been together for a long time and own a house together, but isn't it too late for me to go back and do that now?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lindsaythomp
Thanks Don-A-Vee- I appreciate the explanation. But, I don't know exactly how these things work. When I ordered the vehicle I, of course, had everything in my name. If I got the Employee Advantage number, I understand it would have to be in my boyfriend's name:confused: It is his uncle that works for Chrysler. I wouldn't have a problem doing that as we have been together for a long time and own a house together, but isn't it too late for me to go back and do that now?

You could still do it but the only snag would be that he is a nephew, which does not qualify. They would need to list him as a son or in-law.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:38 PM
JK Newbie

I gave my salesman a little cash on the side, next thing you know I got employee pricing. Spend a little, save a lot.

Quick Reply: Employee discounts available to non family?