Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Employee discounts available to non family?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Employee discounts available to non family?

I went in to a dealership today to order my Rubi. After some research I found out I was eligible for an affiliate rewards discount (1% below invoice) for owning a freightliner chassis (motorhome). Anyho as I was talking to the salesperson, she asked if I knew any DCX employees (plenty around in S/E Michigan) since they could extend thier employee discount (EC#) to a number of non family members every year. I did not know that, being a GM employee family member I get GM discounts, but they only extend to direct family members, not friends.
So she goes back to work the numbers on the discount and comes out and tells me about the service managers Demo, a flame red Rubi with all the same options I wanted, minus the side air bags, would I be interested. I took it for a spin, build date of October 06, 6400 miles. Also had remote start, side steps, rear light guards and mud mats. I tell her give me 3 numbers, the price on the demo, price on my order with affiliate discount and price on employee discount (sisters father in law is DCX Exec.)
She comes back and says that the wranglers are exempt from the EC# program, you have to be a direct family member to use discount... :confused:

So she gives me a price of 31436 for the Affiliate price + tax totals 33345 out the door, and a price of 33601 out the door on the demo, since it had $2400 in extras added by the dealership.

What i am thinking is
A: There is a restriction on the employee purchase plans on wranglers due to thier popularity.
B: The restriction statement was BS because then the price would have been well below the other 2, and they want to push the Demo.

Does anyone who works at a dealership have firsthand knowledge on DCX Employee purchase programs? Is there a restriction on wranglers?

If B is the answer then they just lost a sale, I will not tolerate BS Sales tactics.
I told her I'd think it over. The Demo Rubi was sweet, but I don't want the extra crap like remote start and side steps. If A is true then I may offer $31000 otd for the Demo, but not a dime more. What say you?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

She was telling the truth. Here is an excerpt from the Employee Choice rules:

MODEL ELIGIBILITY:
All Chrysler Group vehicles are eligible for this Employee Choice program except: Dodge Sprinter, DC_3500 Cab Chassis Truck, Dodge SRT10 Coupe, Dodge Charger SRT8, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, 2007 MY Dodge Caliber, 2007 MY Patriot, 2007 MY Wrangler 4DR, 2007/ 2008 MY Avenger, 2007 MY Chrysler Sebring & Sebring Convertible.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you for the reply, I'll be stopping by 2 other dealers in the next 2 days to compare prices/dealerships, should place my order early next week!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I am gonna have to call bullshit on this one!!! I bought mine with an employee discount... through my Bro-in-law. I made the deal with one dealership and while I was waiting to get mine built I got a call from another dealership saying they had one. I looked at it and let them know I had a control number. They refused to deal with me... I said that the other dealership had no problem with it... their reply was that it was at the dealer's descretion. Needless to say, I will NEVER deal with them in the future. I was also eligible for the affiliate program through my company... went on the website to get my control number (same website as my bro-in-law, just diff %age) and I selected the 2007 Jeep Unlimited from the drop down list. I obviously decided to take the route with the most savings... but I was able to select the 2007 Unlimited.

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 01-31-2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

They will let you use the discount. (atleast here in AL) My best friends parents work at the Mercedes Benz Factory and get 5% under invoice + incentives. I get their code and get 2.5% under invoice which is only like $150 more than them. I've actually bought a TJ like this and already been to a few dealers telling them my situation and they said "just let us know when you're ready to order" since I want an 08. (I am however wanting a 2-door if it matters)

Also the good thing is with the discount (I get) you become a priority and if there is a Jeep on a lot you want you can get it nomatter where it is.

Last edited by ZachMan; 02-01-2007 at 03:10 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChopperKrawler
Most will let you use it if you order one, but not on current inventory b/c they know that someone will pay sticker price...Not me!
See they can't do that to me, since technically I build vehicles for DCX "I" am more a priority than the dealer. ll the dealership is is a place to ge tthe Jeep, pretty much "use" them haha.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is the deal no matter which state you are buying in.

Plans which are accepted for the 2007 Wrangler 4 Door:
- Employee Advantage (DCX Employee and Family only, no friends)
- Fleet Affiliate

Plans which are not accepted based on DCX rules, dealers have no say so:
- Employee Choice (DCX Friends and Family)

In regards to getting priority over a dealer...once a dealer has a unit reach KZ status they own it. The manufacturer can only take it with the dealer's permission. No supplier, other dealerships, factory employee, etc. can pull the "priority card" and get the vehicle. Same for transfers from one dealership to another. It is the at the complete discretion of the dealers, they own the cars.

Also, all special purchase programs are not mandatory for the dealers. If they want to participate they can.

Mercedes Benz programs only work wiht MB and vice versa for the Chrysler Group programs. This was not the case when DaimlerChrysler was newly formed but several years ago they changed the program. Want a Chrysler Dodge or Jeep on the EP or EC program you gotta find an employee of the Chrysler Group division.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee

Mercedes Benz programs only work wiht MB and vice versa for the Chrysler Group programs. This was not the case when DaimlerChrysler was newly formed but several years ago they changed the program. Want a Chrysler Dodge or Jeep on the EP or EC program you gotta find an employee of the Chrysler Group division.
Sorry (If I read this correctly) but thats false, unless "several years ago" means two months ago. Myself I bought a 2005 TJ with the MB factory worker discount and my dad just bought a 2007 Dodge Ram with the discount two months ago. I have also helped a person online, yes someone on a forum get under invoice with my friends parents discount. All we had to do is get her code and she had to give the "ok" over the phone for it to be done (and this was in Nevada lol). All vehicles used with the discount have been Jeeps or Dodges and both parents work for MB and none of the people they have helped are "family". Ohh yeah the guy that works at MB has an 06 Cummins Ram also.

In the end all I know is I am ordering an 08 Rubicon 2-door and getting it for under invoice. Maybe there are "new" rules for the JK, but I guess the 2-door goes by different guidlines, I dunno.

Idon't know if the difference is in being a factory worker and not just just a sales person, but the MB plant workers discount works on anything DCX besides specialty stuff like a viper or AMG.

Last edited by ZachMan; 02-01-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Howdy all,
I've been asking everywhere about these incentive programs and no one seems to know. Here's my question?

If my buddy is a mechanic at a dealership does he have any discounts he can extend to me?? probably a longshot, but thanks!

Steve
Old 02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scubachisteve
Howdy all,
I've been asking everywhere about these incentive programs and no one seems to know. Here's my question?

If my buddy is a mechanic at a dealership does he have any discounts he can extend to me?? probably a longshot, but thanks!

Steve
Here are what the rules state:

ELIGIBLE RELATIVES:
The spouse, same sex domestic partner recognized by the dealership, parents, spouse’s parents, sons and daughters (including in-laws and step children), brothers and sisters (including in-laws, half brothers and half sisters, and stepbrothers and stepsisters), grandparents and grandchildren of Dealership Employees are eligible to participate. It is the responsibility of each participating Dealership Employer to verify Dealership Employee/Eligible Relative relationship (e.g. birth certificate, marriage license, documentation showing same residency for same sex domestic partner).

So at this time there are no programs for friends of dealership employees. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Employee discounts available to non family?