Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ebay and jeeps

Old 06-21-2009, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluerubicon08
Yaeh....gotta be careful on E-Bay. Got burned a few years ago on some new old stock taillights for our 67 Mustang. The schmuck was in California, apparently sold the same item to 6 different people, only one of us got it.....but he collected from all of us. We had all paid through Pay Pal......their "guarantee" SUCKS! He didn't deliver, they wouldn't re-imburse any of us. I contacted the FBI (I was PISSED and can be just a little vindictive at times) Was told to always send a check or money order.....never use a third party. Then If they turn out to be a scammer, but accepted the money through the US Mail....they just commited a felony and then.....BUSTED!!
Using the Internet to commit fraud in the US can also be a felony as the infrastructure is subject to the same interstate commerce regulations as the telephone system. The FEDs just didn't want to mess with it IMHO.

By the way, don't pay with a personal check either as your complete routing information is printed on the check and that is all anyone needs to drain your account electronically.

-meljr
Old 06-21-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by bluerubicon08
... through Pay Pal...
I don't trust PayPal. No way. Too many horror stories, too little regulation (they're not a bank, so are not subject to banking laws and oversight--which is already an industry suffering from too little regulation and oversight!).

Quick Reply: ebay and jeeps