Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dumped by insurance company

Old 03-24-2012, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Revolver
and is implementing a 5k limit on aftermarket parts.
Since when?

I 2nd USAA. They told me it didn't matter where I was driving, the Jeep is covered. Racing isn't covered though.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN
Since when?

I 2nd USAA. They told me it didn't matter where I was driving, the Jeep is covered. Racing isn't covered though.
It's being rolled out state by state, just started recently. I lol'd at the thought of an agent telling a Jeep owner that racing isn't covered.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Revolver
It's being rolled out state by state, just started recently. I lol'd at the thought of an agent telling a Jeep owner that racing isn't covered.
No shit!

If my Jeep went any slower, the damn thing would go back in time....
Old 03-29-2012, 07:03 AM
cmg
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HCSTHS43
I got a letter in the mail today telling me that my policy will not be renewed because as they put it, my jeep " has been customized for off road driving and does not meet the guidelines under the family auto policy contract." Has anybody ever heard of this? I guess I should have just payed out of pocket for a new windshield, didn't think that this would happen. I have not contacted them yet and plan to tommorrow. I may be shopping for a new policy soon.
Welcome to the fun of Massachusetts insurance companies. They can pretty much choose to non renew you for any reason and any type of insurance. I got dropped because I had to replace 2 windshields in 3 years on my last vehicle. Its not just the big national companies either. Even the independent agents have a lot less pull to help you these days.

CG

Quick Reply: Dumped by insurance company