Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dumb drivers in the snow

Old 02-17-2010, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup... there are some less educated drivers out there. My other story is about an FJ Cruiser. I was driving home on Thursday where there was already 8 inches of snow on the ground. This FJ was tailing me... even in dry conditions it he was way too close (about 10 feet off my ass doing 30mph). Anyway... I could see a stop sign coming up and I knew this guy was going to hit me. As i got closer to the stop sign I was getting madder about it. So, I decided to slow down way before the stop sign to prevent an accident. Well sure enough.. as soon as i touched on my brakes, this guy slams on his brakes, fish tales, and of course loses control of his FJ. I accelerated a bit just to make sure he did not hit me. He could not recover and ended up in the ditch (he was fine). I then continued to brake for the stop sign and went on my way.

Had I waited until I reached the stop sign... he would have hit me and that would have really pissed me off. Just because you have an off road capable vehicle, it doesn't mean you can stop any better than the next guy.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It happens here in Utah too... we get snow all the time, but it never fails during the first storm of the season there's 100 crashes. I think people just forget how to drive when the first snow hits.

I have to leave home an hour early just to get to work on time (usually takes 20 minutes) my boss says "You've got a Jeep, why does it take you so long?"

I reply, "It's not me, it's all the other people in my way that causes the delays."

Quick Reply: Dumb drivers in the snow