Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Drummond Island Jeep Jamboree

Old 11-26-2007, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot imagine that the Jeep Jamboree, or Land Rover people, would arrange anything that was illegal or that would warrant citations.

What happened?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is a rock ledge area, that is stepped, and you would go down, pretty much turn around and go back up.

From what I remember reading: The Jambo had a permit to traverse this area, but a DNR conservation officer thought that this was damaging the environment (and in violation of of the only legal if grandmas car can pass through it rule). So even though there was a permit, the conservation officer felt that a ticket was in order. The trail leader took the hit, asked to be written the ticket since he lead the group up and down, so the paying customers were not ticketed.

The island businesses (and others) were very upset over this and wrote many letters in protest (tourism is there main business). The end result is that the ticket was somehow rescinded, but the end result was a statement to stay off the steps until things can be clarified. The idea would be to get the steps established as an ORV ROUTE making it legal to be on it and in 4wd.

I haven't heard any updates on clarifications....
Old 12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

So registration is open now for the Dummond Island Jamboree.

Anybody have any plans to go?

Is it worth the $265 per person to go? It only includes the organization, food and a T-shirt.

Could we just set up a weekend and make it our own Jamboree?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

I was thinking the same thing. It is $20 a day to enter the 400 acre off road park per day, but half the island is all open state land. My buddy and I are also think of just making a long weekend of it, we rather make our own food anyway. From what I've been told the trails are not real bad up there and I don't think the JJ guides are really needed, it's a small island, no getting too lost. Plus if the weather is bad, we can just head up another weekend.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Fallen Hero

Soot back whe Janet Jackson and Paula Adual where hot smoking babes and not all strung out on crack, I made a trip up there we stayed in Tom Monahanns (X-Detroit Tiger owner)Domino lodge. I believe he also owned had something to do with Domino's Pizza. It was awesome and the senery was breath taking. When I am done with this tour in Europe, I have to make it back up there. Bring mosquitto repellent
Old 01-22-2008, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by eisenjj
From where and when does the boat leave?
Here is all your needed info:
http://www.drummondislandchamber.com/gethere.htm
Old 12-14-2012, 11:23 PM
JK Newbie

So did any of you end up going? How was it? I'm from Chicago and I thought itd be cool to go up and rent a house with some friends and spend a week up there. Any recommendations?

Quick Reply: Drummond Island Jeep Jamboree