Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Drove a JK today!!!

Old 11-20-2006, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove a JK today!!!

I loved it.

I drove a JK unlimited with 6 spd, and soft top. My wife wants me to get the hard top but I dont really think I need it. It doesnt get that cold here in the mid west and that price increase could be better spent on a lift or something. plenty of room power was okay for me. There was only two things I did not like, one was alot of plastic, but I guess that is the way it has to be for some reason. and the other was the back seat. That thing was flat and straight up. I am glad I wont be the one setting back there. I am trying to wait on getting one but after that drive, man was it hard to walk away. I told the salesman what options I wanted and he was going to look around tomorrow and see what he can find and what prices they are. He also said that the managers are not coming down on prices on them right now since they are a hot seller.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

I just got mine today. Great Ride. I got the soft top. So far its not noisy if that is the reason for the hardtop. And far as the price the best I could do was 900.00 off of MSRP. Good Luck.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am saving some cash up now for it, I just had to buy the wife some new appliances before I can make my new JK purchase. I think when I am ready to get it then they will be discounting some.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Where in the "midwest" do you live that it does not get that "cold"?

I was not nearly as concerned about the "cold" living in the midwest wanting the hard top as I was concerned with scraping the ice/snow off the windows for 3+ months of the year...or lack thereof being able to with the softtop. Not to mention the hard top gives you a wiper and rear window defogger.

Compromise, and get both tops
Old 11-21-2006, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am in the St. Louis Mo area. It does not seem to get that cold here, not to me anyway. My wife is always cold but I think that’s a woman thing. I have a garage so scraping ice is not an issue unless I am out at work or at a store and it snows. I just don’t know if it would be worth it to me to get the hard top or not. It may snow 5 -10 time a winter here seems like. Almost end of November now and its supposed to be 60 out today at least that’s what the weather man said! That hard top would add 1500 to the price of the JK. The JK has a good heater, and if its too quite in there then it would just not be very jeep like
Old 11-21-2006, 07:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by blacklock
The JK has a good heater
the heater will burn your hand at full blast.

Think about hardtop storage also. If you have the room for a top when its not on...
Old 11-21-2006, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a garage too, but still find that I scrape windows a lot in the winter after work each day....whether it be more "frost" only, or actually ice/snow, it seems to need some work a lot of days after getting off work.

The hard top does add a lot of $$ to the price for certain, but in my case, my wife had more problems with me thinking I would not get it to start than the other way around.

Thinking of getting one of the ceiling lift kits (to store it during the later spring/summer/fall months), they only seem to be a couple hundred dollars, and then storage is not an issue as it would be out of the way up above. Of course we built an extra high garage to mate better with the house, and I have about 11-12 feet to the rafters....
Old 11-21-2006, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well the dealer just called and for the options I listed he came up with 27145 on an X and a Sahara would be 28835! Thats more than I was thinking, so I think I will cut the hard top. With the tow package, do you get 4:10 standard on that or do you add that extra. I was looking at X, with 6spd, pwr wndow and locks, 6 spkr, sirius, 4:10, tow package and dual tops. If I get rid of all options, and just get the pwr window pacakage price would be 24650. Last night they told me they were not coming down on prices also.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:26 AM
JK Jedi Master

right.. Tow packages gets you the 4:10's
Old 11-21-2006, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I will call him back tomorrow and tell him I am going to wait till they offer some rebates or I am talking with another dealer about getting it at invoice.

Quick Reply: Drove a JK today!!!