Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Driving with the windshield down

Old 05-04-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they incorporate the feature to stay true to the original jeep and that to a lot of people including me is important
Old 05-04-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gebraic
they incorporate the feature to stay true to the original jeep and that to a lot of people including me is important
I totally concur.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gebraic
Originally Posted by GMAN
I totally concur.
I figured as much. I think its a cool feature. I suppose I'll have to try it at least once...

Thanks all for the heads up on strapping it down. I'll be sure to do that.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in no rush to drop mine just yet.

I had a '73 CJ5. The windshield was SUPER easy to lay down. We did it all the time. Then, I got a front hoop kit for the cage. Added a center section to it.

THEN, it REALLY looked right with the windshield down. After that, I never looked at any Jeep with the winshield off the same without a front section on the cage. I probably wont do it till I get a front cage add-on.

Since I have not looked at the assembly, I dont know how easy it will be to remove completely. I loved that about our old CJ... just tilt it to about 20 degrees and pull it off. Sweet.

I miss that ride. :(

Quick Reply: Driving with the windshield down