Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

drive by wire wired pedal

Old 07-06-2009, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drive by wire wired pedal

ok so i was just reading through JP magazine and came across this article on page 93 it's called wired pedal.

it's says

" if you are sick and tired of your drive-by-wire late model jeep acting like its got turbo lag, here is the fix. the sprint booster plugs in behind the accelerator pedal, eliminates the delay between pressing the pedal and actually going, and it does not affect any of the other electronic systems in the jeep such as ABS ESP,or anything else dependent on the throttle input.

has anyone heard of this. sounds like it would be awesome.

it is a little pricey though. i went to the website it say it's 329.00 beans. but might be worth it. just wondering if anyone has heard of it or if anyone has tried it.

if anyone wants to check out the website it's www.sprintboosterusa.com they don't say much about it on the website. but check it out let me know what you think.

Last edited by Robar; 07-06-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST DIRECT NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 07-06-2009, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Howdy,

Get a SC Flashpaq, it ended all the lag problems with my auto, and give more HP to boot. Many threads on programmers here. I recently read one where many disapprove of the sprint....

I have and love the SC. Best mod to date for my JK

Originally Posted by Offroadme
ok so i was just reading through JP magazine and came across this article on page 93 it's called wired pedal.

it's says

" if you are sick and tired of your drive-by-wire late model jeep acting like its got turbo lag, here is the fix. the sprint booster plugs in behind the accelerator pedal, eliminates the delay between pressing the pedal and actually going, and it does not affect any of the other electronic systems in the jeep such as ABS ESP,or anything else dependent on the throttle input.

it is a little pricey though. i went to the website it say it's 329.00 beans. but might be worth it. just wondering if anyone has heard of it or if anyone has tried it.

if anyone wants to check out the website it's www.sprintboosterusa.com they don't say much about it on the website. but check it out let me know what you think.

Last edited by Robar; 07-06-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Edited direct link
Old 07-06-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure the pedal does not "delay" in sending the signal to the ECU. Either the ECU delays action to help improve MPG, or, more likely, the electronic throttle motor takes some time to move the throttle plate to the desired position.

I'd be interested to see everyone else's take on it, or maybe someone that actually has one, but in my mind the problem is not in the pedal, and 300+ bones of snake oil between the pedal and the ECU won't fix that.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmm, well not sure what to say. The SC took care of all my gripes about how my JK was running. I hated the delayed feeling while pressing on the skinny and waiting for a response. The SC took care of all of that for me. All I did with mine was get the latest update, then apply the 87 tune. Nothing else yet.

Originally Posted by srt-iz
I have a SC Flash and did not notice a fix on the delay. Is there a certain setting for it? I also have an auto.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Offroadme

it's says

thats funny, i just put down that issue of JP before picking up the computer... i saw that too and was wondering exactly how beneficial something like that actually is and is it worth the money. while i am broke right now (and saving up for Off Road Evolutions Long Arm) ill be keeping an eye out for reviews of this product
Old 07-06-2009, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like some BS. That money would be better spent on a Flashpaq.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by guruman
I'm pretty sure the pedal does not "delay" in sending the signal to the ECU. Either the ECU delays action to help improve MPG, or, more likely, the electronic throttle motor takes some time to move the throttle plate to the desired position.

I'd be interested to see everyone else's take on it, or maybe someone that actually has one, but in my mind the problem is not in the pedal, and 300+ bones of snake oil between the pedal and the ECU won't fix that.
From my understanding the throttle response time is delayed to provide a better performance off-road. With a standard throttle you may have the issue of “throttle hop” on bumpy trails where your foot bounces on the throttle creating a rougher than needed ride. With the delayed “fly by wire” system it gives you a chance to get your foot back in the correct spot before actually spraying any more fuel into the engine. I could be wrong but this is how I see it. - KY
Old 07-07-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget that and get a Superchips Flashpaq. For about $50 more you get a lot more capability.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
I thought that was only in low range.
That is correct.

Quick Reply: drive by wire wired pedal