Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

DRIVE THOUGH CAR WASH, Do you?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a bad experience with the car wash of Petro-Canada. It's the kind of car wash with big brushes, and you put the car on neutral, and a track is pulling the car into the car wash. My tires were too large for the track, and my left front tires has been damaged a little bit. Also, the big brush broke my rear wiper.
Petro-Canada refused to pay the damage.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umm... We're supposed to wash them?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jkMatt
All this talk about soft tops and hard top leaking I just wonder who takes theirs through a drive though car wash? I take mine once a week if not twice depending on weather. I am a neat freak and like it clean. I take it through the kind that has the sponge brushes to wash it too, not the "touchless" kind that just sprays it off. Anyone else out there take theirs through one?.......
I do exactly the same as you, I'm also a neat freak, also around once a month I get the undercarriage clean and detailed, and the jeep waxed. there are great places to do this where I live. no problems at all with either top.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ROKLIMO
In good weather the bucket of suds is the ticket, but at times the touchless is required...

My driveway last winter.
We moved into a brand new development in Iowa. No trees or bushes yet to take cover from the wind and snow drifting. And the guy at John Deere said a snow plow will be plenty for the tractor. I quickly ran out of room to push snow. Are you Eastern Iowa?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Frog Rubicon
I had a bad experience with the car wash of Petro-Canada. It's the kind of car wash with big brushes, and you put the car on neutral, and a track is pulling the car into the car wash. My tires were too large for the track, and my left front tires has been damaged a little bit. Also, the big brush broke my rear wiper.
Petro-Canada refused to pay the damage.
I wouldnt take it into that kind of car wash if I was paid to. They are brutally hard on vehicles. My wife has an 07 Civic Si and told me she was going there, I asked her if she would just prefer I drive over her hood. She didnt go but now my duties include hand washing her car lol.

How were your tires damaged? Do you mean your wheels? And they wouldnt cover it anyway, there is usually a sign posted that covers asses for just that type of thing.

I do bring my Jeep through the touchless everyso often if I feel that I am not paying enough at the gas station though.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I take mine through every so often, but only when I have the full doors and soft top on. Usually I have the half doors and/or the bikini, so I just let it be dirty.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default Car Wash blues . . .

I have used the automatic car wash (type you drive in and machine goes around) and had a couple of minor problems. The hood pushed in, but did not dent and the "rolling" brush took off one of the windshield bumpers on the hood (replaced with rubber washers for a Moen Faucet and it looks good without those huge stoppers).
Old 09-30-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mulewhisperer
We moved into a brand new development in Iowa. No trees or bushes yet to take cover from the wind and snow drifting. And the guy at John Deere said a snow plow will be plenty for the tractor. I quickly ran out of room to push snow. Are you Eastern Iowa?
Anamosa.... and no, this is not heaven...
Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have had mine through the car wash many time, with a softop, and no leaks or other problems. Plus, I just don't worry about it...lol.

Mac
Old 10-01-2008, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take my hard top through the brush wash about once a week too...never leaks.

Quick Reply: DRIVE THOUGH CAR WASH, Do you?