Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Door Magnets

Old 05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Magnets

I was talking to someone today who said they knew of a product to help with trail pin-striping and i was wondering if anyone on here knows about it.

It is essentially a big magnetic sheet (like what they make bumper stickers and magnetic signs for the side of your truck), cut to the size of your doors. When you go for a trail ride, you slap it on and it protects your steel doors from trail scratches. easy enough to make i suppose, but i can't seem to find magnet sheet rolls wide enough to cover the doors on the JK. anyone heard of these? seems like a cheap and easy way to protect the paint...
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah i mean...i know scratches are bound to happen. I wheel the jeep...almost every weekend. sometime with the doors off. but at the end of the day, it was still a 30K investment that i would like to keep looking nice. if i can protect it even a little bit, for cheap, why wouldn't i? i'm not letting some pin striping stop me. it was just a conversation i had with someone and wanted to see if anyone on here knows anything about it.

thanks for the tips.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about a body wrap? like the camo kind they have for trucks
Old 05-14-2009, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

You can buy 8.5x11 sheets of the stuff for making signs in your inkjet printer.
Come up with something really cool looking, print, then piece them together.

Myself, I'm kinda proud of the nasty stripe from stem to stern. I got it on an ATV trail that I was told my Jeep couldn't handle.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mailman1119
Yeah i mean...i know scratches are bound to happen. I wheel the jeep...almost every weekend. sometime with the doors off. but at the end of the day, it was still a 30K investment that i would like to keep looking nice. if i can protect it even a little bit, for cheap, why wouldn't i? i'm not letting some pin striping stop me. it was just a conversation i had with someone and wanted to see if anyone on here knows anything about it.

thanks for the tips.
x2, i wheel it and like it looking clean. I have a sahara, most of the scratches are on painted fenders, so i thought about taping them with some wide scotch tape, but never did that...
Old 05-14-2009, 09:53 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm not sure about the magnetic sign material. When we first opened our business, I got 2 to put on our vehicle to advertise our business when we drove around town. One simply disappeared and not to long afterwards the other one did too. I don't think they were stolen, I think they came off during high speeds on the highway but I don't know for sure. I'm thinking branches might just tear them off.

Quick Reply: Door Magnets