Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Door hangers, door carts... What do you use?

Old 07-16-2009, 07:11 AM
gpb
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmoriss
I'm guessing you haven't had a door fall-over yet. They're heavy and the sheet metal is thin...
Nope, but I make sure there's a pretty good amount of "lean" to them. Someone would have to physically tip them over.

I sit them on scraps of rubber-backed green outdoor "carpet" to protect the bottom edges.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just use some large L-brakets that I bought at the harware store. $20 and all done. Just screewed them into the 16" on center studs and the spacing was perfect.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

door a search for d.i.y door hanger good wite ups on this. alot cheaper than store bought. and if you dont have the saws to cut the wood most stores will cut the wood to your specs
Old 07-16-2009, 08:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a rail system made by rubbermaid that is mounted to the wall and it has different detachable hangers so i can put my doors anywhere in the garage where the rail thing is. pretty fantastic. i will get pictures of it if you want.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

I made a rack out of black iron pipe and a furniture dolly. There are write ups on here for this. Call me crazy, but i don't trust my old garage if I put brackets from the joists and hang the doors. It's a long fall and expensive doors.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm still a floor guy. I just put a blanket down, put the first door leaned up against the work bench, then a blanket over that door and the second door leaned up against the first. Notice the LEANED so they can't fall over. This fall I'll do some changing in the garage and put the door hangers which are really ladder hangers I've purchased on the wall for the doors.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smbundy13
i have a rail system made by rubbermaid that is mounted to the wall and it has different detachable hangers so i can put my doors anywhere in the garage where the rail thing is. pretty fantastic. i will get pictures of it if you want.
I'd love to see pics.

Quick Reply: Door hangers, door carts... What do you use?