Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Don't Go There!

Old 07-03-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't Go There!

Hi Everyone....
Haven't been on in a very long time.. Been enjoying "my rig"...

However, something worth mentioning..... Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but here goes..
My DH - Dvl Pup, well on his rig, the Sway Bar Broke. All he was doing was simply driving home. No bumpy road, no pot holes, no nothing. Simply a drive on a simple road when the thing "snapped". There he was at 5am tying the thing up with his cell phone car charger cord just to get home.

I took his rig into Moss Bros. Jeep in Riverside. Well, talk about "sinking you"!
Because we purchased our rigs at the old Chrysler Dealer up the road, of whom went out of business., Well, let me tell you.... These people at the Moss Bros. would NOT HONOR the service contract that pertain to the Jeep Lift nor it's component parts!
They told us, it was Chrysler's problem and not theirs!
They kept trying to "get out" of simply doing "any" repair to the Sway Bar, yet alone to want to "touch" the rig itself. They kept asking us if we did any form of 4 wheeling or "climbing over rocks" as they said. The angle they were trying to go was to get there by telling us, that if you did any form of off roading, then your warranty is no good! HA! I fooled them! As I told them, NO!! We have not done ANY off roading "yet".

Luckily for me, I happened to look up and saw our "old" service dude who use to work at the Chrysler Dealer up the road. He told us, he left because "he saw the writing on the wall". He even went further to say, that Moss Bros, does NOT honor any contracts from Chrysler who went out of business.
I was steamed at this point because here we are paying for something that is included in our contract of purchase and it's' WORTHLESS!!!

Long story short,,, our old service dude fought hard with the GM to get DH rig fixed, but it still cost DH and "additional" $200.00!! They were going to charge a full $400.00+!!

So, if out there you are having probs with your Sway Bar, don't go to these people!!! Because they won't help you nor will they honor your contract!!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad they didn't go out of business. Its sad how crappy dealers still managed to squeak past the 790 something cuts.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realize this is more of a shop gripe than it is a post specific to the failure of the SB, but do you mean to say the SB itself broke? If so, which one - front or rear? And where at? Near the end (link)?

Very interesting, but I'd like to know more by way of detail. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
Too bad they didn't go out of business. Its sad how crappy dealers still managed to squeak past the 790 something cuts.
When the government owns the company, the proper political donation can do wonders......
Old 07-04-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default Don't go there.....

Hey Again.....

It was on DH rig, it was the Rear Sway Bar. It was on the "left rear side". They told us it was a welding problem.

And, that they were having problems "allegedly" as they said with the "Skyjacker"? lift kits. Which is what DH has on his rig.
As mentioned earlier, the Sway Bar simply "snapped off". It was a "clean break" they told us from Moss Bros. Dealer in Riverside.

But, again they kept trying to "get out" of fixing the prob. They kept "probing" to see if DH was off roading to lead to telling DH, then it threw it out of warranty.

DH was also told now, that he "should" replace the Skyjacker shock's in the rear because of the continued probs with the bushings. So, DH will be replacing that.

Last edited by FlexRig; 07-04-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Don't Go There!