Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Done ordering from Quadratec.com

Old 03-08-2016, 04:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by humdezign
I'm pathetic because I expect a vendor to support the products it sells? What a crazy concept lol...
That's not customer service. That's expecting someone to do your job. Your diary must be full of angry rants if something this minuscule causes you to start a thread on it.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I have to say that I won't order from Quadratec either but for a different reason. Too many times to count I have ordered parts from Quadratec and paid for next day shipping only to find out the order is changed to backordered. Two weeks later Quadratec finally ships the part... "next day" and I get charged for the expensive shipping. Twice I ended up buying the part locally when I found out it wasn't in stock. Until Quadratec fixes there website to show "In Stock" or "Backordered" in their listings I won't order from them again. I look at Quadratec as nothing more than a drop shipper and at least Amazon is listing parts that they can actually ship.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Riptide9
I have to say that I won't order from Quadratec either but for a different reason. Too many times to count I have ordered parts from Quadratec and paid for next day shipping only to find out the order is changed to backordered. Two weeks later Quadratec finally ships the part... "next day" and I get charged for the expensive shipping. Twice I ended up buying the part locally when I found out it wasn't in stock. Until Quadratec fixes there website to show "In Stock" or "Backordered" in their listings I won't order from them again. I look at Quadratec as nothing more than a drop shipper and at least Amazon is listing parts that they can actually ship.
I think all of these distributors should list when an item is drop shipped. Some of the main ones are great for drop shipment, Tera, Currie, psc, etc. Some others, don't order it for your birthday.

On another note, years ago installing a synergy drag link I ripped a boot on the knuckle side. Place I purchased it from didn't sell em. Got on eBay and ordered 3 for 20$ and had em by the next weekend. Didn't call anybody, just handled the issue.

Like the old saying bro, want something done right? . . .
Old 03-09-2016, 12:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Ordered their floor mats last month. Returned them as soon as i got them. The quality was crap compared to Weathertech. I have not went back to their site since. If they are willing to put junk out the door with their name on it i am good finding better quality elsewhere.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by busa250
I Ordered their floor mats last month. Returned them as soon as i got them. The quality was crap compared to Weathertech. I have not went back to their site since. If they are willing to put junk out the door with their name on it i am good finding better quality elsewhere.
Isn' the price also a whole lot lower than WT?
Old 03-09-2016, 04:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mr72
front are $70 as compared to $130. It's like buying a sport and saying its bad offroad as compared to a rubicon..
Old 03-09-2016, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr72
nope. Like $25. The pattern is nicer but they do not cover footwells. The rear only cover $75 of the space the oem and Weathertech covers. After i paid shipping to return them it was more expensive.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by humdezign
I have been using them for parts since 07 even though I know other sources are cheaper but today was the last straw. For me the increased cost is the price of quality customer service and I am happy to pay it but shit customer service = I'm gone.

The short version of what happened: Purchased Teraflex HD ball joint set, tore boot on install (DERP), called Quadratec to purchase replacement boot, was told to call Teraflex to get the part number and call Quadratec back with it so they could sell it to me. If I'm going to do all the legwork with Teraflex to find the part why the **** would I then purchase it through Quadratec and not direct from Teraflex.

Quadratec, what I expected to hear was "we do not list that as an available part but I will contact Teraflex and get you one, whats your phone number so I can call you back with a cost and estimated ship date."
Did you get the boot coming? If not, call me and I can help.

Joe
Old 03-09-2016, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

Did you get the boot coming? If not, call me and I can help.

Joe
BAM! Looks like it worked itself out. And everyone made a mental note of what good customer service looks like. Win. Win.

Quick Reply: Done ordering from Quadratec.com