Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Done ordering from Quadratec.com

Old 03-06-2016, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
you know you are unessarily rude. its not their job to do your research for something you messed up. do you understand?
But it is called Customer Service. You would think that they would actually want to help the customer out, since that IS what keeps them in business.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try ordering Nut-serts takes forever to get them. Its like the wheres Waldo of freaking fasteners. Everyone can order them but nobody has them in stock.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Try ordering Nut-serts takes forever to get them. Its like the wheres Waldo of freaking fasteners. Everyone can order them but nobody has them in stock.
I just picked some up at my local fastenal, lowes has them too, I'm pretty the same applies to Home Depot..

As for the op: the same thing happened to me calling 4wd hardware on 2 occassions, one for a soft top part, another for a track bar bushing. I didn't expect them to not be able to order the parts, but both times they couldn't. I picked up the phone, dialed the company (best top and Rock krawler) and ordered the part.. Your mentality is the type that gives Jkowners a bad reputation. How pathetic.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
I just picked some up at my local fastenal, lowes has them too, I'm pretty the same applies to Home Depot..

As for the op: the same thing happened to me calling 4wd hardware on 2 occassions, one for a soft top part, another for a track bar bushing. I didn't expect them to not be able to order the parts, but both times they couldn't. I picked up the phone, dialed the company (best top and Rock krawler) and ordered the part.. Your mentality is the type that gives Jkowners a bad reputation. How pathetic.

I'm pathetic because I expect a vendor to support the products it sells? What a crazy concept lol...
Old 03-07-2016, 12:10 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Old 03-07-2016, 12:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Billbikes
But it is called Customer Service. You would think that they would actually want to help the customer out, since that IS what keeps them in business.
No doubt their hands are out for his money tho.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
I must say I love when the "munching" posts show up lol
Old 03-07-2016, 03:02 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I must say I love when the "munching" posts show up lol
me too lol
Old 03-07-2016, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Maybe its a Canadian thing but if I call somewhere and they don't have a part number, they usually say, "hey sorry we don't have that listed but let me investigate and I'll call you back. Whats a good number to reach you at?" In short form obviously.

Whoever he talked to really didn't give 2 shits about "customer service". I've had good experiences with Quadratec, I wouldn't necessarily not order from them anymore because of a lazy individual. Now if I got that every time then yeah... that starts to reflect pretty poorly on how they run their CS department.

Sorry, eh

Old 03-08-2016, 03:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

While I can see both sides of this argument the real point is that one lazy brush off from a rep has caused a lot of negative energy about qtec on this forum, while it's likely that if that rep had taken the 5 minutes out of their day to call the vendor and work this out for their customer then it would likely be a post about how those guys are awesome, they always go the extra mile, etc.

The thing is, in today's competitive online market, small customer service mistakes can have big negative consequences. But on the other hand, threads like this may tend to discourage high maintenance customers from doing business with qtec so maybe it's all good.

I've had similar experiences. I bought a used Bestop bikini top that was missing some of the hardware and Bestop managed to forever turn me away as a customer when I inquired about the parts. They could have made a $5 decision that might have given then the chance to do hundreds of dollars or maybe thousands in business with a new potential customer, but they chose not to. I remember one time I had a DVD player fail with a known bug in the firmware and when I called to get help, Philips rep confirmed it was a firmware bug and I'd have to send it back to get it fixed, and since it was three days out of warranty, it'd cost nearly as much as the DVD player to get them to fix it. Needless to say I do whatever I can to help Philips to not get any more business.

On the other hand, I have dealt with some companies who did little things that went the extra mile and they have earned my loyalty for a long, long time. I've probably bought $1500 worth of Manitou mountain bike suspension parts because one time when I sent a fork back to have a repair done, not only was the price reasonable but they upgraded the damper and boots for free without even asking if I wanted the upgrade. Hey, I have choices when I buy that kind of stuff, this is a company that has my business for the long term. And Crank Bros has done me a solid more than once on pedals, so I am on like my 6th set of Egg beaters. I even posted about them on my blog, FB, etc. It's the little things that make all the difference in customer service.

You do a google search for any Jeep part and you get like 15 links for the part including Quadratec, 4wp, Morris, etc., almost always the exact same price and shipping terms. What differentiates one from the other are these little things. Take note, Quadratec.

Quick Reply: Done ordering from Quadratec.com