Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Done ordering from Quadratec.com

Old 03-05-2016, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Done ordering from Quadratec.com

I have been using them for parts since 07 even though I know other sources are cheaper but today was the last straw. For me the increased cost is the price of quality customer service and I am happy to pay it but shit customer service = I'm gone.

The short version of what happened: Purchased Teraflex HD ball joint set, tore boot on install (DERP), called Quadratec to purchase replacement boot, was told to call Teraflex to get the part number and call Quadratec back with it so they could sell it to me. If I'm going to do all the legwork with Teraflex to find the part why the **** would I then purchase it through Quadratec and not direct from Teraflex.

Quadratec, what I expected to hear was "we do not list that as an available part but I will contact Teraflex and get you one, whats your phone number so I can call you back with a cost and estimated ship date."
Old 03-05-2016, 11:39 AM
JK Freak

I've had nothing but great service from Quadratec. Sounds like you got a bad employee. I usually deal with Sean ext 350 there and he will treat you right.

From what I have seen personally, from friends and from people on this forum your experience is extremely rare.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spicoli
I've had nothing but great service from Quadratec. Sounds like you got a bad employee. I usually deal with Sean ext 350 there and he will treat you right. From what I have seen personally, from friends and from people on this forum your experience is extremely rare.
X2... Quadratec is a great company. Call them back and talk to someone else. Explain your situation and perspective, I would be real surprised if they didn't try to make an apology.

One lazy employee wouldn't throw me of from them, try giving them a second chance.

Just my opinion....and it ain't worth very much.

Peace out -- James
Old 03-05-2016, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let me get this straight. You effed up a Teraflex made product, then go to Quadratec for a replacement part, instead of the manufacturer and this is somehow all Quadratec's fault that they don't have/stock/catalog what you want?
Old 03-05-2016, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
Let me get this straight. You effed up a Teraflex made product, then go to Quadratec for a replacement part, instead of the manufacturer and this is somehow all Quadratec's fault that they don't have/stock/catalog what you want?
I think I made it quite clear what I expected. I expect no service or support from the deep discount online vendors but quadratec is far from deep discount. I shop with them specifically for the level of support on things like this. No support, no reason to spend the extra cash shopping with them. You get it now?
Old 03-05-2016, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm done w them too. I have had good luck with them in the past. But this last Saturday I ordered a bunch of stuff for my 47 Willys. Monday I had a email that card was declined. Called them and they said no problem, give them the card info. Turned out the exp date was wrong. Said it'll ship Tue. Tuesday another email came saying same thing. Called again. They said oops, wrong exp. It'll ship today. Thursday comes, another email. Uhg, really. Same problem. I said they should next day my order, they said the stuff was on back order anyway so they couldn't. I asked why I was told it was being shipped every time?.
I even asked for a supervisor to give them a chance to make me happy.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn

While I see your point, I think the gist is he knew he f'd up. I'm almost certain Quadratec has P/Ns for Teraflex and could've ordered the boot.

But at the same time, for that, I would've called Teraflex first anyway.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I emailed them about a set of steel wheels I'm eyeballing. They list them as available in 17" in the description, but they don't appear in the drop down box when you try and put them in your cart. I gave the size wheel, style and bolt pattern I'm looking for. She sent me 3 or 4 links. One was the wrong wheel. One was the wrong bolt pattern. Another wrong size. It was pretty amazing actually. All my info was in the original email and we played tag for a few hours. She then sent me a link to another manufacturer that had my specs. So, she never actually answered my question. Anyway.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by humdezign
I think I made it quite clear what I expected. I expect no service or support from the deep discount online vendors but quadratec is far from deep discount. I shop with them specifically for the level of support on things like this. No support, no reason to spend the extra cash shopping with them. You get it now?
This should fix it for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	k2-_ff743cd4-2d8b-4ead-b5da-fb06bfa5c552.v1.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	639731
Old 03-05-2016, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive had no issues with them. they do quite well infact but i also dont expect them to do my work for me.

Quick Reply: Done ordering from Quadratec.com