Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Done With The Jeep

Old 12-19-2008, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Done With The Jeep

First let me just say I LOVE MY JEEP!!!! I dont think I have ever been this engrossed in one thing in my life or had such experiences that the jeep has allowed me to have.

However due to recent events I think Im officially done with it. After two clutches going out 1600 dollars in fees, 4x4 linkage rod going out (stranded for 6 hours) Electrical problems making the jeep not start at random intervals (cost for being late to work and missing work) Misc. other weird problems that have cost me time and money I dont see how my love for my jeep can over come all this hassle and head ache.

I trully dont know where to go from here, its heavily modified and in the market I wont get jack shit for the jeep. WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep the Jeep and by a Pinto to get back and forth from work
Old 12-19-2008, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2005 Kia as my daily driver. Laugh all you want but it gets 35+ MPG and never had a sqeak or rattle out of it, the only time it has ever been to the dealer were for inspections required to keep the warranty valid (10 years/100,000 miles). Bottom line is it was 13k new off the lot and laughs aside it gets me where i need to go......consider something like that and keep the jeep as your toy like me.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Warlock13
WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go wash your mouth out with soap and stand in the corner.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First let me just say I LOVE MY JEEP!!!! I dont think I have ever been this engrossed in one thing in my life or had such experiences that the jeep has allowed me to have.

However due to recent events I think Im officially done with it. After two clutches going out 1600 dollars in fees, 4x4 linkage rod going out (stranded for 6 hours) Electrical problems making the jeep not start at random intervals (cost for being late to work and missing work) Misc. other weird problems that have cost me time and money I dont see how my love for my jeep can over come all this hassle and head ache.

I trully dont know where to go from here, its heavily modified and in the market I wont get jack shit for the jeep. WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if there are that many problems, y not get a lawyer and file a lemon law, then give me your superlift and KM2's problem solved
Old 12-20-2008, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
if there are that many problems, y not get a lawyer and file a lemon law, then give me your superlift and KM2's problem solved
and I'll take the rest of the stuff
Old 12-20-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand where your coming from Warlock13. This is why the big three are down to 50% share of sales down from 90% in the 70's. This is why the taxpayer is currently bailing them out. They make attractive vehicles and I would buy domestic over foreign in a heartbeat if they produced vehicles half as reliable as the competition. That Kia reference is a solid kick in the face but unfortunately its currently the truth. I love my jeep but if it continues to break down I WILL purchase a Toyota and NEVER purchase a vehicle from the B.3 again! The service at my dealer has been outstanding so I'm going to give the DC an opportunity for now.
If they don't change things as far a producing something comparable in reliability to the foreign competition they will go under. Then we'll all have no choice but to buy overseas.
Give your Jeep a chance for now. If it gets bad, cut your losses and purchase something reliable.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

My jeep is stock and you guys worry the crap out of my, so I kept my '06 Hyundai SantaFe. Great vehicle, only issue was created by Pep Boys, and I got a new motor out of the deal at 90K miles.

Keep the Jeep, buy inexpensive foreign econobox!
Old 12-20-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Well guys thanks for the replies. Here is how things are going. So the jeep gets towed in on thursday and I tell the service manager that i think its the slave cylinder and he says he will have a tech look at it but he thinks its the full clutch. I said i read some stuff on here and even my local 4 wheel parts place said it was the slave cylinder.

Now its saturday and he calls me and tells me i own 1000 for the clutch replacement to happen. I say there is now way this is possible and that two clutches on a year old jeep going out is ridiculous. He says well shit happens. I lose it and talk to the real manager and he calms me down and says he is going to work with me and the service guys sticks to his guns and tells him that its because of my lift and tires that my are causing my failures. I say bullshit. Long story short now he is saying its the slave cylinder but he says it wont be covered under warranty because of my lift. My 4 wheel parts manager says he will go to bat with me against them!!!!!! I HATE THE DEALERSHIP and clearly they are just not wanting to pay up.

Last edited by Warlock13; 12-20-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cmpmacchia
I understand where your coming from Warlock13. This is why the big three are down to 50% share of sales down from 90% in the 70's. This is why the taxpayer is currently bailing them out. They make attractive vehicles and I would buy domestic over foreign in a heartbeat if they produced vehicles half as reliable as the competition. That Kia reference is a solid kick in the face but unfortunately its currently the truth. I love my jeep but if it continues to break down I WILL purchase a Toyota and NEVER purchase a vehicle from the B.3 again! The service at my dealer has been outstanding so I'm going to give the DC an opportunity for now.
If they don't change things as far a producing something comparable in reliability to the foreign competition they will go under. Then we'll all have no choice but to buy overseas.
Give your Jeep a chance for now. If it gets bad, cut your losses and purchase something reliable.
Just a quick note... I know the LAME ASS media and congress wants everyone to believe its the BIG 3... well FORD isn't asking for a hand out!

Now that being said... Go to the CJD we listen website and bitch about it.

To the OP... I have an 08 auto with no problems at all. If your dealership sucks dirt.... then go find a NEW dealership...even if you have to go to another town. I remember having a clutch replaced in my street car several times before I did it on my own with a backyard mechanic and learned it was simply missing the return spring after 3 different shops replaced it... NONE of them caught the missing part. THEY can really be MORONS ...and some can really be great..so don't waste your time with the idiots, find a great one.

Quick Reply: Done With The Jeep