Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

dogs hairs??

Old 03-10-2008, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goto Home Depot or Lowes and go to the carpet section. They sell carpet protection. It's a roll of film designed to roll across new carpet to protect it during construction. You can pick up the hair in two foot strips. Same concept as the duct tape but much wider. You can also apply it to the carpet before you take your dogs for a ride to prevent it from happing again. The film works really well however if you want to keep it in place for a while order the similar product from... www.protectiveproducts.com. The protective film sold there is a higher quality and is designed to be in place for over a month.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Default Shoot!

Originally Posted by Red Sonya
This doesn't help much with the side carpets but I bought a $35 horse stall mat and cut it to fit the Jeep cargo with the seats down. It covers most of the carpet that our dog, Babe, can sit or stand on while covering the seat brackets and crack. It also gives Babe traction. The mat came in a 4'x6' size and is 3/4" thick. I got it from a local farm store.

Our hairy husky lab mix checking the mat out.

This gives you an idea of the thickness.

We decided to make it two peices so we can flip the forward peice back when the seats are up. The mat is pretty heavy but flipping it is doable and easier if you have someone to help you.

AZToad, I can totally sympathize. Our dog's hair is so annoying, but we've just come to accept it and try to keep up with it. I refuse to ban her from the JK but I've spent hours trying to get all her hair out. Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'll try them out.

I loved this idea, so I purchased some exercise mat to put into the back of my 2-door. I cut out squares where the seat latches were (floor), and with the seats tumbles forward, it looks like the perfect place for my furry pal. BUT- no matter how I try, the seats won't "catch" (when put back in place) with the mat in there.

The mat is only about 1/8" thick, but almost nothing will fit under those seats when they are snapped into place. Shoot! Almost a great mod for me.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
I use duct tape to get it out.
x2.

use # 98217 for duct tape. It works.

Quick Reply: dogs hairs??