Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

dogs hairs??

Old 08-19-2007, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Now mine has hair AND SAND all over the carpet and seat covers. I thought driving down the interstate sans top would help, but it doesn't really, and the dog doesn't like it much.
Rhino/Line-X, here I come.
Top down helps...after the fact a bit. It allows the folks next to the beach to think it is snowing when we drive by!

I can say that the dogs did well with the liner this weekend...we fortunately haven't had to deal with any accidents as they are relatively good but so far the liner is doing great helping with the hair...and everything we throw back there...
Old 08-20-2007, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLACKJacK
Thanks for the imput AZToad, where do you usually purchase from? I have a couple of gift certificates from Quadratec so I will be purchasing from them in the next week. However I always enjoy looking at other sites.

Lee
Nevermind. I found the sponsor list.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLACKJacK
Nevermind. I found the sponsor list.
NP - I shop around but think I have purchased the most so far from 4wd. With the discount my dealership has been giving me though is it usually pretty close between paying taxes versus shipping! Issue there is that there is too much to impulse buy when they have the stuff right there...
Old 08-20-2007, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ahhh... gotta love all the hair from a White Husky. I should make fur coats and hats or something.

The hair was horrible in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. And in my TJ with the line-x tub it wasn't too bad, but the hair flying in my face while driving was kind of rough. It gets everywhere!

I haven't put him in the JK yet with the black carpet - not sure I can do that as it is my daily driver and I already have enough hair on my clothes just roaming around the house. So I'm open to ideas as well.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sQuid
Ahhh... gotta love all the hair from a White Husky. I should make fur coats and hats or something.
The JK is my daily driver too. As for suggestions - avoid dark clothes.

By chance are your dog's eyes solid color? Our's right eye (the top part of his right just barely visible) is half brown and half blue...

Last edited by AZToad; 08-20-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:14 AM
JK Freak

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned Wet Okole seat covers... do they make it easier to remove dog hair? I've got a chocolate lab who loves going for rides so his hair is all over the place. I'm trying to find an easier way to clean up after him.

We've also put him in his crate in the back of the Jeep on most rides. When he's "free" he just whines and cries, so we tried putting him in the crate and he rides great now. We thought about getting a seat belt for him, but we don't think that'll stop his crying.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:56 PM
JK Freak

Default Can't say about the seat covers...

but as for the liner in the back and the dogs - they seem to love it!

Ours pretty much stay in the back and all the fur either blows out while we drive or attaches to the backs of the rear seats or within the back compartment. The liner is easily cleaned and the rest isn't so bad!

Good luck....ours prefer to be free in the back....this weekend is a shedding weekend and we will be spreading their fur around Rocky Point so if you see white fur flying - you'll probably see where to track us!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:03 PM
JK Newbie

Default Mat

This doesn't help much with the side carpets but I bought a $35 horse stall mat and cut it to fit the Jeep cargo with the seats down. It covers most of the carpet that our dog, Babe, can sit or stand on while covering the seat brackets and crack. It also gives Babe traction. The mat came in a 4'x6' size and is 3/4" thick. I got it from a local farm store.

Our hairy husky lab mix checking the mat out.

This gives you an idea of the thickness.

We decided to make it two peices so we can flip the forward peice back when the seats are up. The mat is pretty heavy but flipping it is doable and easier if you have someone to help you.

AZToad, I can totally sympathize. Our dog's hair is so annoying, but we've just come to accept it and try to keep up with it. I refuse to ban her from the JK but I've spent hours trying to get all her hair out. Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'll try them out.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

we put leather in our Jeeps it cleans easy, and water doesn't seem to hurt it and dog hair wont stick to it. The leather we got even has a lifetime warranty.

It's some GOOOOOOOOOOD stuff.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tmdlkwd
For Grooming
has any one used the FURminator deshedding Tool ?
Great reviews over at Amazon.
5 stars for the most part

I have the Furminator, and it's the ONLY dog brush that has worked for my mutt, Guster. It's definitely a good preventative measure. Here is the furbag himself:

He's going to enjoy my new X, for sure. I'm already thinking about cutting a carpet remnant to custom fit the back while the seats are tumbled forward. Then, an easy shake would get rid of the ridiculous amount of hair he sheds.

Quick Reply: dogs hairs??