Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

dogs hairs??

Old 08-13-2007, 03:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgtim
You ain't seen nothing until you've seen white bulldog hair in the seats and carpets!
Tim
Well I guess I am double-screwed. I have a yellow lab and a bulldog (should look great with my black carpet) .
Old 08-14-2007, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wanted to test it out before I posted but this brush will do the trick
google Solutia Pet Hair Eliminator Brush I think i got mine from Target. It pulls the hair right out of the fabric and carpet then I just vacuum works like a charm even on the fur of a Long Haired German Shepard
Old 08-14-2007, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepthrill
I wanted to test it out before I posted but this brush will do the trick
google Solutia Pet Hair Eliminator Brush I think i got mine from Target. It pulls the hair right out of the fabric and carpet then I just vacuum works like a charm even on the fur of a Long Haired German Shepard[IMG]
We've got that one too (we have an entire box full of hair reducers/removers - most which work for short hairs or cats but not much good with the excess we now face)! Have you noticed that the static electricity that builds up makes the hair literally fly right back into the carpet?

Wish I was joking - when we first tried this brush (I believe we paid around $10 at PetSmart) we literally thought it was great as it gathered the first layers but as we got into the more fine hairs - the hairs would gather and as you pulled the brush - then the hairs would fly like homing pigeons right back into place!! The 5 year old started following the brush with the vacuum to try to capture some and it worked a bit better.

So far, the only way we can even get to about 95% clean is to start with a damp sponge - that gets a bunch of the fur together and then the shop vac can remove that and it also helps to reduce the static cling that the brush seems to create - followed by the brush listed above with a vacuum assist followed by packaging tape (less expensive than duct tape but just as sticky!).

Yes it may seem excessive but if you've seen the photos of our mutts (gallery to the left or earlier in this post) - you'll know why.

For those with fewer than three dogs or those with shorter hairs - perhaps the three layer approach won't be necessary but then again it seems to be the only thing that really works for us.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Default We'll see if this helps...

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-17-2007, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZToad
[IMG][/IMG]
Please tell me where you got your cargo tray and how much? Thanks!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLACKJacK
Please tell me where you got your cargo tray and how much? Thanks!

I went Quadratec this time - $69.99...because they had substantially lower shipping costs! Although I am usually a very loyal customer - when the shipping differences add up to a 10% difference - so sorry!

It is a Husky liner and if you have the subwoofer and need to trim prior to placement - I'd recommend taking a peak at what I placed over in the Husky Liner thread here...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...7&postcount=15

Good luck! Only had it for a day and with our top off - it doesn't seem to want to fly out and has held up well - even with one of the dogs this afternoon.

Last edited by AZToad; 08-17-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

edit edit edit

Last edited by RiggerMike; 09-03-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RiggerMike
I've had good luck with a damp terry cloth towel. You can get them cheap at costco. Just wipe in the direction of the carpet nap and the hair comes right out. Works great on furniture too.
Wish we could get away with that...even our three step approach won't get all from the disasters we have...just imagine this multiplied by three...

Old 08-19-2007, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZToad
I went Quadratec this time - $69.99...because they had substantially lower shipping costs! Although I am usually a very loyal customer - when the shipping differences add up to a 10% difference - so sorry!

It is a Husky liner and if you have the subwoofer and need to trim prior to placement - I'd recommend taking a peak at what I placed over in the Husky Liner thread here...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...7&postcount=15

Good luck! Only had it for a day and with our top off - it doesn't seem to want to fly out and has held up well - even with one of the dogs this afternoon.
Thanks for the imput AZToad, where do you usually purchase from? I have a couple of gift certificates from Quadratec so I will be purchasing from them in the next week. However I always enjoy looking at other sites.

Lee
Old 08-19-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Now mine has hair AND SAND all over the carpet and seat covers. I thought driving down the interstate sans top would help, but it doesn't really, and the dog doesn't like it much.
Rhino/Line-X, here I come.

Quick Reply: dogs hairs??