Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

dogs hairs??

Old 08-07-2007, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dr.dirty
just get you sel one of these its what i have and works great for my 2 dogs
\
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...U=107174&RN=79

We've had a Dyson animal for a couple of years now. Works ok but the canister is too small. When we vacuum - even just one room - we have to dump it twice. Sure it doesn't lose suction but at a certain point the hose plugs and it takes too long to take the entire canister apart rather than just pushing the button and letting it drop.

We have actually tried our upright in the back and it is ok but still won't get everything - three long haired shedding mutts is just a couple too many if you like clean areas!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell,
Love me, love my dog, love my jeep, love my dog hair... it's all good. If you start adding up the time you're spending getting rid of what's going to get right back in there, $135 to Raul over at Paul's Detailing once a year isn't a bad deal. He also takes care of all the mud I rubbed in to cover the dog hair.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:41 AM
JK Freak

Default Detail vs family time

Don't get me wrong, the only reason I had an idea of how long it took is because my daughter kept reminding me.

We try to detail our vehicles at least once a year (we buy bulk packs here for $85 per vehicle) and the vehicle is gone for a day and returns looking like it just came off the showroom floor - engine compartment too.

However, when we go out as a family - there is usually enough stuff in the vehicle that it takes longer to get our personal stuff out - let alone the dog hair. I'm pretty sure the younger kids spent almost an hour (they're not very quick) just getting out toys, paper, garbage, wet socks, etc.

But we put in a CD that they like and clean it inside and out - and usually end up wetter than the vehicle when we're done. Although there are often many complaints - there are usually far more funny moments and good times so I'd say we probably wash it at home 6 to 1 versus detail.

Now if only we could get the dogs to help rather than just bark and try to jump back in...
Old 08-08-2007, 02:07 AM
JK Freak

Wow!!! That white hair in the back is astonishing! I don't feel so bad about my black lab's hair now...the house is different though. The carpet is like a giant lint roller welcoming his hair.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZJEEPFAN
Use cheap 99 cent store duct-tape. It will pick-up most of it,
Duct tape...Man's universal repair tool

I get mine out with a shop vac.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

Default Believe it or not...

The white ones had just gone in for a bath and brush also - so what you're seeing is the least of our usual issues!

As for duct tape or packaging tape - we use both and usually go through several rolls - but it still doesn't get all of it. The wolf's hairs are very stiff and almost act like velcro. Just takes time - but if you're allergic to dogs - stay far away from the Jeep!

For a good laugh - there are a few more earlier in this post or in our gallery to show just how bad it gets...

Last edited by AZToad; 08-08-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 007divegirl

That carpet like weaves the hair into it and it won't come out.

Just think of it as extra plush carpet. My lab sheds constantly. Don't mention going for a ride or walk, the furs just flies off of him as he jumps around. It's even in the insoles of my shoes.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by boogyman
Just think of it as extra plush carpet. My lab sheds constantly. Don't mention going for a ride or walk, the furs just flies off of him as he jumps around. It's even in the insoles of my shoes.
Our Jeep's carpet option: White shag
Old 08-11-2007, 03:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by boogyman
You're not kidding! I think my labs hair is in my keyboard as I type.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

You ain't seen nothing until you've seen white bulldog hair in the seats and carpets!
Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ollie.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	2765  

Quick Reply: dogs hairs??