Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

dogs hairs??

Old 05-11-2007, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMAN
My boy loves going for rides. He'll especially love the top off.
He's already smiling just thinking about it.
A lint brush with the sticky tape works fairly well on my current vehicle carpet.

Attachment 1583
You and my X-mother in-law, look very happy!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKGirl
I have two dogs....whenever we go on an extended trip - like up north- we usually line wherever they are in the jeep with blankets...but other than that I suppose its just a fact of life you have to accept with your furry friends...
It's very simple to fix this, do what I do, I leave my pet bear home. He doesn't mind. He just stands in the corner and wait tell I get home.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:37 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Grant211
i hate taking my dog for car rides.

He is beagle that gets so excited he starts barking and howling. Then he will start to shake like crazy and running back and forth in the back seat with hair going all over the place.

I am thinking about getting a dog car seat for him.

gah.

Beagle hair is the worst. It sticks like porcupine quills. My mother's beagle goes with from time to time, he does THE SAME THING!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Porcupine quills??? Don't even give my dog any ideas..she has gotten two porcupines... and th only other thing good about Jeeps and dogs is that when we were at the cabin our dog got sprayed by a skunk.. we had to drive home in a stinky minivan...with a jeep we could at least take the top off
Old 05-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKGirl
Porcupine quills??? Don't even give my dog any ideas..she has gotten two porcupines... and th only other thing good about Jeeps and dogs is that when we were at the cabin our dog got sprayed by a skunk.. we had to drive home in a stinky minivan...with a jeep we could at least take the top off

oh come now...

arent all minivans stinky?
Old 05-11-2007, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

I have a bulldog, and 2 pugs. What i do is roll out a few strips of carpet mask. It works well, and when it gets old, you peel it off, and roll out some new.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
oh come now...

arent all minivans stinky?
That joke stinks.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Default Dogs?

Well, we have a samoyed, an all white husky, and a wolf. Hair - you must be kidding! The good thing last summer is that they were rented jeeps and we just hosed all the wet dog fur out. We split them between twp jeeps so they were a bit more controllable too.

Our first trip to the beach looked like we were throwing snow everywhere with the fur flying out (none of the dogs). Really wish I had someone get a shot of that. But they were good out on the coral...

With the JK, the blankets thrown in the back worked ok but they just scratch them out of the way. Tried duct tape - hah! Porcupine quills - the wolf's hairs are definitely the worst in the seats.

I'm going to try the husky back liner next - at least that I can take out and spray off. We actually kept the plastic down in our motor home because its easier to blow the dogs hair out! May seriously consider lining the entire back with that runner material.

Last edited by AZToad; 05-11-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AZToad your dogs are beautiful...I feel bad complaining about black and tan dog hair when you have WHITE to deal with. Good luck with that.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

Default White / Black / Brown / Grey

Thanks to our stray rescue (the wolf - runt of the litter) - we pretty much round out the colors!

Her hair is very wirey and just drops a couple times a year. Within a couple of days there is a 1/16 layer around most of the house.

Clothing in general with all the white hair is a joke. I'll see if I can find some shots of a "grooming day" event when all the birds for miles around flock to our house to build their nests for the next year! However, it takes probably an extra 5 minutes for my wife to de-hair her clothes before going anywhere.

Actually found a couple here...

Kiska

Kenai

Thanks for the compliments - but dog hair is just one of those things...

Have to share a little thing that just happened on our last outing with our newest baby...

Our cousins were along again and unfortunately couldn't get the heater in their motorhome to work. They asked for a blanket but all we had were the ones we had in the back of the jeep. They said they didn't mind and would shake them vigourously on the beach before using them.

The next day, the guy exited their vehicle with a very white beard - the hairs that had stuck to the blanket were caught in his stubble. My youngest said he looked like santa! He said he spent most of the night coughing up hairballs!

007divegirl - remember you from the front pages - glad to hear you finally got yours too!

Quick Reply: dogs hairs??