Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Does your soft or hard top leak?
Yes
43.43%
No
56.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Does your top leak poll

Old 09-10-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2010 four door soft top. Bought new last month.

Rained all last night. Went to lunch today and my co-worker in the front seat, putting on his seat belt, said the strap was all soaked. We got out and opened the passenger side rear door and there was standing water in the back floor board. Everything is completely soaked. I pulled the drain plugs and drained the water. Noticed it is coming in the top of rear doors (both of them) at the columns separating the front and back doors.

This is my 3rd wrangler. Had a '94, an '05 and now this '10. This is the only one to have any leaking problems.

I think I'm just going to buy some thicker weather stripping and put it where the leaking occurs and call it a day. I'm not fooling around with the dealer. Easier just to do it myself.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has been off for a while so I would have to say yes it leaks. I am sure it will stop when I put it back on.

Quick Reply: Does your top leak poll