Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Does anyone else get headlights flashed at them?

Old 08-31-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I weird to think that you could just not be a dink, and get your headlights adjusted... since they are obviously causing a problem and blinding the oncoming drivers?

Must be the minnesota nice thing, I can't imagine reacting aggressively and being even more of a jerk in this situation, I'd be embarrassed that my jeep was adjusted wrong, not go out of my way to try to make it even worse.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

You know, ever since I switched my original headlights for my IPF's, I've gotten flashed quite a few times...a lot of times the a$$hole doesn't switch them off until they've already passed that is until I light up my lightforce 170 HID's I've tried adjusting my headlights down but that seemed worse oh well, I haven't had any problems with the popo so I'll leave them be
Old 08-31-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

yeah, it happens to me often too. so, if they flash me, i just flash'em back to let them know i can go brighter.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is a must do.
h**p://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html
Old 09-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Red
JK Enthusiast

It happens to me all the time. At first I thought it was because it was lifted and I just hadn't gotten arround to adjusting them. So I adjusted the to where they should legally be. It still didn't help. People kept flashing me, and I thought it was happening even more. Now when I get flashed, I just figure they are telling me my lights are too dim, so I turn on the high beams and leave them on. After all, if I have done everything to make them not officensive to oncoming traffic, so they must be too difficult to see, so people are asking me to brighten them up, right? I mean, you flash your lights at the guy who forgot to turn them off as well.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BStelling
You know, ever since I switched my original headlights for my IPF's, I've gotten flashed quite a few times...a lot of times the a$$hole doesn't switch them off until they've already passed that is until I light up my lightforce 170 HID's I've tried adjusting my headlights down but that seemed worse oh well, I haven't had any problems with the popo so I'll leave them be
Funny you mention that. We had an officer pull someone over the other night for "failure to dim." I didn't even know that was on the books.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:58 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad_CRC
... Must be the minnesota nice thing ...
SumoSizeIt: It's common for stock JKs. Adjust the headlights down a little and you'll find that not only do you get "brighted" less, but that you can see better, too. Best answer: Talk to David at Northridge4x4 and get a set of IPFs.

As for the MN remark above: I used to travel a lot before I retired. Tons. All over the country. And much of that was to the Twin Cities. I must say that the MN drivers are truly the nicest drivers I've ever come across. Truly.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeShowin
Funny you mention that. We had an officer pull someone over the other night for "failure to dim." I didn't even know that was on the books.
Really? Many years ago I had to memorize the distances at which to dim before taking the California driver's license exam (1K feet head on, 350 ft behind, IIRC--It was MANY years ago, LOL).
Old 09-01-2010, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blink

I've been flashed a few times since I had mine lifted/leveled. Usually a flash back get the message across. I've only had to use the 100w IPF 968s once.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
SumoSizeIt: It's common for stock JKs. Adjust the headlights down a little and you'll find that not only do you get "brighted" less, but that you can see better, too. Best answer: Talk to David at Northridge4x4 and get a set of IPFs.
Thanks for the advice. I've got to go to the dealer and get a few things looked at/tweaked anyhow (headlights turning on when I unlock the car at night is great fun for the first story resident in front of my parking spot), hopefully the light adjustments are something they can do [free of charge].

As for the IPFs, I'll add them to the wishlist for sure.

Last edited by SumoSizeit; 09-01-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else get headlights flashed at them?