Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Does anyone else get headlights flashed at them?

Old 08-31-2010, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone else get headlights flashed at them?

I've got a stock 2010 Sport, and I've noticed that I've had more oncoming traffic flash their brights at me in this car's 8 month life than ever in my 6 years of driving combined.

I drive with my headlights (not fogs) on at all times, and I can never find any speed traps after being flashed, so I'm assuming people think I have my brights on. Is this a common experience for the JK crowd?

And uh, do I flash them back to let them know they get even brighter?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive noticed the same thing here in WV. I think it may be the level of the lights. IDK?? i normally just turn on my Highs and Aux lights to let them know that I could blind them if i wanted to
Old 08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

yea i've got my windshield spot lights wired to my highbeams so when I do get flashed they get blinded back.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 PM
JK Junkie

Used to happen all the time, then I started just using the fog lights and never get flashed now. It was the worst on dark roads. On city streets it would only happen occasionally.

There are a couple reasons I think this happens

If you find it an issue you want to correct, either adjust your light angle down a couple degrees or go with just fog lights on, I find they give plenty of light for around town. On dark roads I still use regular lights as well as fogs and only the occasional jerk (turns brights on and leaves them on) get the KC 130's in the face.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Spdu4ia
yea i've got my windshield spot lights wired to my highbeams so when I do get flashed they get blinded back.

I used to drive a 96 grand cherokee with my fogs on to compensate for fading headlights, but had to stop with the wrangler because everyone in a sedan would cover their eyes due to fog light height being at their eye level.

I secretly loved it.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SumoSizeit
I've got a stock 2010 Sport, and I've noticed that I've had more oncoming traffic flash their brights at me in this car's 8 month life than ever in my 6 years of driving combined.
Poor kitten...
Old 08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Make sure your headlights are adjusted properly, my headlights were way off from the factory. I was getting flashed alot until I adjusted my headlights.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Default All the time....

Happens to us all the time
Old 08-31-2010, 04:38 PM
JK Junkie

I get that all the time.

The worst part is that when I flash back they don't turn of their high beams. I've gotten to where I'll high beam them back and turn on my off-road lights
Old 08-31-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re: Does anyone else get headlights flashed at them?

It is because of the crappy factory lights. It happened to me all the time until I got the ipf replacements never did any adjustments and no longer get flashed. Also the ipfs are brighter and have a better focused beam.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Does anyone else get headlights flashed at them?