Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Does adding a 2.5 lift make the Jeep dangerously Top Heavy???

Old 12-12-2007, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
Tell your dad not to worry. This jeep barely has enough power to go fast enough to flip over not to mention that before you try the ESP will disengage the gas pedal and apply brake. Finally, if you DO manage to flip it you've got roll bars for just such occasions. Party on!
Now I have to buy rims. Do you know anyplace I could get a nice set under 300 bucks?
Old 12-13-2007, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a good story for the dad... Last night in Dallas, I tried to accelerate around a corner in the rain. One tire slips just slightly before the ESP turned on and managed the turn for me. Now... I wanted the bloody thing to spin out as I was testing the ESP system. ESP 1.... Driver 0.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
Here is a good story for the dad... Last night in Dallas, I tried to accelerate around a corner in the rain. One tire slips just slightly before the ESP turned on and managed the turn for me. Now... I wanted the bloody thing to spin out as I was testing the ESP system. ESP 1.... Driver 0.
Haha... that ESP is really amazing. With this little ice storm we had, I kept mine in 2wd, and wasn't havning any issues driving. Curious, to see what it's like, I turned ESP off... The damn thing was slipping and sliding every which way.

Good stuff!

Quick Reply: Does adding a 2.5 lift make the Jeep dangerously Top Heavy???