Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Do you (or Will you) take your JK offroad?
Yes, I do/will take my JK offroad; I'm being honest, or may my soul burn in hell for eternity.
97.71%
No, I don't plan on ever going offroad; I'm being honest, or may my soul burn in hell for eternity.
2.29%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Do you (or will you) take your JK offroad?

Old 09-14-2007, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine wheelin' around a friend's farm trails, but nothing more serious than that, YET! It's a Jeep, you're supposed to do that, I think it says so in the owner's manual!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I took my TJ to Camp Jeep '05 in the Poconos and had a great time and a fantastic trail ride. When my JK comes in I'll make sure I get it dirty, dusty and/or muddy.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:32 AM
JK Junkie

I posted this on another one poll thread I started, where people were all confused over what's considered "offroad." While I don't claim that this definition is flawless, I do think it covers the bases pretty well... enjoy.

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Wow. You guys/gals really love the details, don't you? Not willing to commit a simple GUESS without a definition of "offroad"? Jeez!

Here's my definition of "offroad" - and don't bother telling me what's wrong with it - I honestly don't care (it's mine!). You should also note that "offroad" is not the same as "off-road," which is already clearly defined in its own right...

"Offroad" v. To drive one's vehicle over/through terrain that meets all of the following criteria:
1. Terrain is unpassable by means of an unspecialized (i.e. NOT a Jeep, XTerra, FJ Cruiser, Bronco, Hummer, Land Rover), class-standard, unmodified mid-sized automobile (i.e. Camry, Accord, Escape, Santa Fe, Outback, etc.).
2. Terrain is not considered a part of any municipality's road system.
3. Terrain is not maintained by local, municipal taxpayers' dollars (this excludes National Parks, some of hich may still be considered acceptable terrain).
4. Terrain must present one or more considerable obstacles such as boulders, trees, extremely narrow passages, crevices, ruts, free falls, mud pits, protruding rocks, unkept trailways, sizeable inclines, deep (>14") water, considerable sand, etc.

By this definition, any beach, dirt road, light trail, desert, field, etc., that can be driven on by one of the aforementioned unspecialized, class-standard, unmodified mid-sized automobiles is NOT considered terrain that meets "offroad" standards.

Anal enough for you? If I were any more anal about this, I'd be required to verify that you're over 18!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

I will/have taken it off road. But until she's a little older and a little closer to being paid off I will keep it moderate to light off road use.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I'll be honest and say 'not yet'. My Jeep is used as a daily driver and to navigate my poorly maintained streets in the winter where it's snow, ice and not a snowplow to be seen sometimes for days. Oh and lovely mud if it rains.

*however* - after I've had it a bit I might be willing to try it. =)
Old 09-14-2007, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

already done some super minor wheelin.. but been super busy. work gets slower for me as the year draws to a close. which is perfect cuz the places I like to go are just way too hot. Its starting to become the season for me!!! Cant wait.

This is my first jeep.. but I am not new to offroading.. but this will be so so much better than squeezing my Full size truck onto Jeep trails. Cant wait to see what a real offroad maching can do!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Oh yeah...offroad some (not enough).

Heading to the Badlands in Attica Indiana at the end of the month...should be fun.

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/
Old 09-14-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

more proof?

Last edited by jk-bol; 09-14-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:28 PM
JK Super Freak

he, he, he... as often as I can. That is until I break something really expensive. Then the wife will pull my pass.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Gasser;176300]Here is my proof

sure looks like a road to me...
:toung:

Quick Reply: Do you (or will you) take your JK offroad?