Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do you wave to built up Cherokees?

Old 10-22-2008, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
Jeep community? Sorry, I just don’t see it. You refer to it like it’s a happy little club, but this isn’t like any “club” I’ve been associated with. Normally when there is a new person the existing group will go out of their way to make them feel welcome, that doesn’t appear to be the case with Jeeps.

There certainly have been some very friendly and helpful people here but far too many who do not make this a welcome environment.

Instead of trashing on the “soccer mom” for not waving how about just the smile and wave and do what you can to make them feel welcome in your little community? Maybe it’s her first Jeep and she doesn’t know. All I read is how this group or that group is to blame for ruining the Jeep and killing the Jeep wave.

Your Jeep is newer than mine, you have to initiate the wave out of respect. If you don’t you suck and you’re to blame for ruining our fun.

That guy has chrome on his Jeep, he sucks don’t wave to him. He’s not a “real” Jeeper.

That guy’s Jeep is too clean, he’s a poser and never takes it off-road. He sucks, don’t wave to him.

This doesn’t sound like much of a “community” to me.

Beel
Someone is a little bitter.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wave- what's it costin' ya ?

I was raised in rural Texas, everyone waved, even people on foot. I moved away to the big bad world, everyone is wary of everyone elses motives, so the personal touch goes out the window. A woman has no desire to wave at any guy on the road, every pervert on the highway would be following her home. A guy gets snubbed in his wave a time or two and pretty soon he says the hell with it. Most of these new owners come from these two camps. If you want things to change, it must come from us. Friendship, even thru a winshield, is something to encourage. Hell after fighting the general dog-eat-dog day to day battle of just living and supporting myself and my family for 40 years I'm happy to wave at anyone who's kind enough to wave at me, and if I get the jump on them I'll wave first.....
Old 10-23-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

a modded XJ is like a close relative, i wave
Old 10-23-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If it says JEEP, I wave.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I used to drive a built of XJ so I wave. I always hated people saying to buy a real Jeep. A jeep is a jeep as long as it has straight axles.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepin08
I used to drive a built of XJ so I wave. I always hated people saying to buy a real Jeep. A jeep is a jeep as long as it has straight axles.
Actually, the only Jeep built with two straight axles is the Wrangler.
Therefore the Liberty and Commander are not real Jeeps???
Old 10-23-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Frog Rubicon
Actually, the only Jeep built with two straight axles is the Wrangler.
Therefore the Liberty and Commander are not real Jeeps???
I was referring to my old cherokee
Old 10-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wave and smile and make someones day. I like to hunt down stock JK's in my neighborhood and strike up a conversation with the owner. Who knows, the person you wave at could be the next person to strap you out.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Anybody else get strange looks from people who don't understand why you are waving at them? Especially women... I have this feeling women always think I am a stalker or pervert or something. I wave at everything that catches my attention in a good way, like a stock yj with the top down, doesn't have to be fancy. I love my xj, maybe will build it up one day. I think they look so good with safari racks and snorkels, and actually built to use them.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi! If the XJ truly looks like its a working trail Jeep I wave to them...they have earned the recognition. If it's a "Mall Crawler" I'll pass 'em bye unless they wave first. Take care... Mike

Quick Reply: Do you wave to built up Cherokees?