Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do you wave to built up Cherokees?

Old 10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
I never wave to anyone regardless of what they are driving, JK, TJ or whatever.

If any have waved at me I hadn't noticed.

Beel
THIS IS SAD AND TERRIBLE !!!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
.The wave is one of the great things about the Jeep community..."
Jeep community? Sorry, I just don’t see it. You refer to it like it’s a happy little club, but this isn’t like any “club” I’ve been associated with. Normally when there is a new person the existing group will go out of their way to make them feel welcome, that doesn’t appear to be the case with Jeeps.

There certainly have been some very friendly and helpful people here but far too many who do not make this a welcome environment.

Instead of trashing on the “soccer mom” for not waving how about just the smile and wave and do what you can to make them feel welcome in your little community? Maybe it’s her first Jeep and she doesn’t know. All I read is how this group or that group is to blame for ruining the Jeep and killing the Jeep wave.

Your Jeep is newer than mine, you have to initiate the wave out of respect. If you don’t you suck and you’re to blame for ruining our fun.

That guy has chrome on his Jeep, he sucks don’t wave to him. He’s not a “real” Jeeper.

That guy’s Jeep is too clean, he’s a poser and never takes it off-road. He sucks, don’t wave to him.

This doesn’t sound like much of a “community” to me.

Beel

P.S. The truth of it is I actually wave to Jeeps all the time. Sometimes they wave back but not always. I have one of the few modified Jeeps in town and often I think they are too busy looking at the Jeep to realize I’m waving at them. It’s ok either way.

Of course where I live everyone waves, it doesn’t matter what you drive. In town it’s usually people in trucks but the minute you get out of town everyone waves when they pass each other, whether it’s a Camry or a F-150. Now that’s a community.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:47 PM
JK Super Freak

I wave to Wranglers most all the time.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SONIC
wow people getting pretty defensive up in here lol
I INITIATE a wave with:
1) Anyone i know or have met
2) any WRANGLER stock or not
3) any rig with offroad mods

and yes ill wave back if some hummer guy in a pimped out hummer waves, because im a nice guy, but im not going to wave to him first.
that's awesome, I wave to Hummer folks too and especially when I have my HUMMER RESCUE UNIT magnets on , most times they laugh and give me a thumbs up as I'm waving and smiling at them, all in good fun...but this one time this dude in the pass seat was pissed off I guess and his wife or whatever was busting a gut laughing and giveing me a thumbs up, she looks over at her passenger (the dude) and he was just pissed...now that was way cool
Old 10-22-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great summary Beel,

I wave at everyone and 1 out of 10 wave back, and I here ya about the jeep social experience.

I want to except and welcome EVERYONE with a jeep and I would love us all be more united and respectful like the Good Samaritan club. I would hope to think that if I ever saw any jeep broke down I would stop to offer help and I would hope they would offer me help as well, but I am not sure that would be the case.

Red

Maybe we need to make a windshield banner for the cool jeepers that wave, care, and welcome the new friends and want to help others. like "JK-Forums Jeepers World Wide" that way when you see that you know they are one of us (the good guys and gals with jeeps).
Old 10-22-2008, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

That's not a good idea Redhead
Old 10-22-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
Jeep community? Sorry, I just don’t see it. You refer to it like it’s a happy little club, but this isn’t like any “club” I’ve been associated with. Normally when there is a new person the existing group will go out of their way to make them feel welcome, that doesn’t appear to be the case with Jeeps.

There certainly have been some very friendly and helpful people here but far too many who do not make this a welcome environment.

Instead of trashing on the “soccer mom” for not waving how about just the smile and wave and do what you can to make them feel welcome in your little community? Maybe it’s her first Jeep and she doesn’t know. All I read is how this group or that group is to blame for ruining the Jeep and killing the Jeep wave.

Your Jeep is newer than mine, you have to initiate the wave out of respect. If you don’t you suck and you’re to blame for ruining our fun.

That guy has chrome on his Jeep, he sucks don’t wave to him. He’s not a “real” Jeeper.

That guy’s Jeep is too clean, he’s a poser and never takes it off-road. He sucks, don’t wave to him.

This doesn’t sound like much of a “community” to me.

Beel

P.S. The truth of it is I actually wave to Jeeps all the time. Sometimes they wave back but not always. I have one of the few modified Jeeps in town and often I think they are too busy looking at the Jeep to realize I’m waving at them. It’s ok either way.

Of course where I live everyone waves, it doesn’t matter what you drive. In town it’s usually people in trucks but the minute you get out of town everyone waves when they pass each other, whether it’s a Camry or a F-150. Now that’s a community.
I typed something longer, but changed my mind. I'm sorry you don't get it, possibly that is why you don't feel part of a community of Jeep owners.

Last edited by scouter4life; 10-22-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scouter4life
I typed something longer, but changed my mind. I'm sorry you don't get it, possibly that is why you don't feel part of a community of Jeep owners.
X2
Old 10-22-2008, 03:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel part of the jeep community, I have also made a good group of friends that are really cool.

I just think there seems to be alot of people who don't share our attitude about the community.

Red
Old 10-22-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Stock Jeepers tend not to wave back to me so I usually only wave to built up Jeeps. Any kind of built up Jeep.

Quick Reply: Do you wave to built up Cherokees?