Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do you wave to built up Cherokees?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep I wave at all modded Jeeps and all jks, tjs, yjs, cjs, mbs, etc...
Old 10-22-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wave at people all the time regardless of what they drive. Not waving at someone because they drive a certain type vehicle is rather....odd. I wave at people all the time out of just be polite and nice...I could care less if you were driving a Ford, Chevy, Hummer, LeCar, or an Opal. I wave at the person rather than the vehicle.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Oh yeah! My first offroad vehicle was an '86 2DR XJ, I beat the hell out of it and still ran it for 250,000 miles before I finally got rid of it. I loved that jeep, we had so much fun together.

I will always wave to them with respect and longing.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Around here there are a good # of lifted jeeps but it is a good amount of Cherokees. I wave at lifted Jeeps in general. There used to be a 4Runner on 35's around here to but that disappeared a while ago. He also has a Tj on 38.5's....So I waved at him to.

The only stocks ill really wave at are wranglers and Cjs
Old 10-22-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never wave to anyone regardless of what they are driving, JK, TJ or whatever.

If any have waved at me I hadn't noticed.

Beel
Old 10-22-2008, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Breaktrack
Also I've had several Jeep vehicles, four cherokees and two wranglers now. I never even thought of not waving to anyone.

I must be deficient somehow.

Mac
I think the question may need to be clarified.

We don't wave at every single vehicle we pass while going down the road. You would wear out your hand. So some of us feel a brotherhood when we drive a Jeep vehicle because we know we share the love for our Jeep. Really it is no different that any other enthusiast group.

So if you have that same feeling when a JK, CJ,XJ,KJ or what ever they call the Compass and Patriot wave. So do you have the same feeling in this case for the XJ?

I do. Wheelers are Wheelers.

Besides it is a light hearted question. Just Forum fodder for those of us who are bored at work.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

considering our other jeep is a built up xj, yes I do. I am not a snob in thinking that the JK is the only worthy jeep out there.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
I never wave to anyone regardless of what they are driving, JK, TJ or whatever.

If any have waved at me I hadn't noticed.

Beel
This seems very sad too me, that you flat out refuse to wave. I guess I don't understand that. The wave is one of the great things about the Jeep community, 2 strangers can pass briefly, wave and make a connection becuase they drive like vehicles.

I wave at all MB's, CJ's, YJ's, TJ's, JK's and all the others that are off roaders or at least appear to be. I used to wave to the other Jeeps but not anymore, not out of unkindness, but because it's an excersize in futility, not once ever have I gotten a wave returned and there are so many, I was finding myself distracted too much.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wiredawg_mg
I think the question may need to be clarified.

We don't wave at every single vehicle we pass while going down the road. You would wear out your hand. So some of us feel a brotherhood when we drive a Jeep vehicle because we know we share the love for our Jeep. Really it is no different that any other enthusiast group.

So if you have that same feeling when a JK, CJ,XJ,KJ or what ever they call the Compass and Patriot wave. So do you have the same feeling in this case for the XJ?

I do. Wheelers are Wheelers.

Besides it is a light hearted question. Just Forum fodder for those of us who are bored at work.
Okay, I understand a bit better now. I've just never been around Jeepers that didn't wave, so I guess it caught me off guard a little. I see what they were going for now after reading a few more replies.

I'm still wavin' though....LOL.

Mac
Old 10-22-2008, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I noticed no one waves at other types of jeeps. I believe its a wrangler thing

Quick Reply: Do you wave to built up Cherokees?