Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Do you take the JK off-road
Yes
75.17%
No
6.04%
I don't have my JK yet :(
18.79%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Do you take your JK Off Roading?

Old 05-04-2007, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People keep telling me how much quieter and smoother the JK's are than the TJ's, but after 3000 miles, I have yet to get it out on the highway--it's only 3.5-miles to the trailhead. Someday, I will have to take it on pavement and see...
Old 05-04-2007, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Off Roading

Well, took the JK off roading yesterday with my hubby in his TJ and did this piece of equipment suprise me.
.....we have always been so proud of our TJ for her git...er...done attitude,so
when I was approaching the mud pit I prepared for it the same way I would in the TJ..after I watched my hubby in front bury the TJ ..HEH HEH..in I go........
and out I come...with everyone's mouth hanging open.....because I was in 2 wheel.
Awesome product, but I'm nervous with the stall problem happening..
all for now
JK LORRAINE
Old 05-04-2007, 06:48 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No. That is what i bought this for:

Hey, it's still DC right?
Old 05-04-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't wheel. I do however take mine offroad to get places I want to be. Heck I have seen water across the dirt "road" I live on that stops people in cars from getting home so it will see use if it ever rains enough. If you have seen my "road" you will know that is good enough to qualify. I also take it down trails and paths to get to the fishing hole or just ride but I do it calmly and safely because I know my limits (not the jeeps mine). I still say I don't wheel because to me that is a sport all it's own (of course when I was younger I was there doing that). I think offroading is taking the jeep off the road and going places or even aimless driving which I do. I think wheeling is hitting the deepest mud, hardest trail, steepest hill or rock and doing what a jeep does best. My back will not let me wheel because after hitting stuff hard droping off things and getting unstuck I would be in bed for days. Also the roll potential keeps me sane.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
I don't wheel. I do however take mine offroad to get places I want to be. Heck I have seen water across the dirt "road" I live on that stops people in cars from getting home so it will see use if it ever rains enough. If you have seen my "road" you will know that is good enough to qualify. I also take it down trails and paths to get to the fishing hole or just ride but I do it calmly and safely because I know my limits (not the jeeps mine). I still say I don't wheel because to me that is a sport all it's own (of course when I was younger I was there doing that). I think offroading is taking the jeep off the road and going places or even aimless driving which I do. I think wheeling is hitting the deepest mud, hardest trail, steepest hill or rock and doing what a jeep does best. My back will not let me wheel because after hitting stuff hard droping off things and getting unstuck I would be in bed for days. Also the roll potential keeps me sane.
Hmmm... so you're raising the need for a definition... what is "offroading" versus what is "wheeling"? Personally, I'm not INTENTIONALLY throwing my stock Jeep at huge boulders and deep mudpits... however, the trail I chose most recently had other ideas, so I'd say I've done some of both.

For the record, I like your implied definition, where "wheeling" is more of an "extreme" pursuit, whereas "offroading" is a more casual, less damage-prone recreation.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Hmmm... so you're raising the need for a definition... what is "offroading" versus what is "wheeling"? Personally, I'm not INTENTIONALLY throwing my stock Jeep at huge boulders and deep mudpits... however, the trail I chose most recently had other ideas, so I'd say I've done some of both.

For the record, I like your implied definition, where "wheeling" is more of an "extreme" pursuit, whereas "offroading" is a more casual, less damage-prone recreation.
I have done both in the past but now due to the fact certian things put me out of commission I choose my trails carefully. I feel there is merit in all offroad pursuits including those with a purpous built roll cage and required helmets I just don't see me doing that. I also use mine as a daily driver but I see far too many rigs that never see dirt or even grass unless you don't have enough room in the parking lot at the ballfield. Jeeps are meant to be a good on road vehicle and a great offroad one so use it like you own it and what it was built for or get a minivan.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default does this count

Does this count as offroading?
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.project-jk.com/wp-gallery...g2_itemId=8968

http://www.project-jk.com/wp-gallery...2_itemId=11397

http://www.project-jk.com/wp-gallery...2_itemId=12757

http://www.project-jk.com/wp-gallery...2_itemId=19295

Last edited by CLACKEY(_!_); 05-07-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CLACKEY573
Does this count as offroading?
[IMG][/IMG]
And thats me behind him pulling him out, so yes, I take it offroading. Nice lights by the way.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888

I'm going to classify myself as an off-roader then. Of course, I'll have to wait for that classification until I actually get my JK.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by byucoug
And thats me behind him pulling him out, so yes, I take it offroading. Nice lights by the way.

Actually I sold those lights to a buddy of mine and I won't give them to him. He's pissed! Oh wait that's you. I told you not to pay me until I get my new ones.

So you've paid for a lift that you don't have and you paid for lights that you don't have. When will you learn?

Quick Reply: Do you take your JK Off Roading?