Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do you have a hard time choosing you next mod?

Old 05-10-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think most people on this forum have the same problem. I know I do! My mind runs all day on mods for my rig!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to decided between exp doors or front bumper or rear bumper or dif covers or programmer or XD Crank rims or lower gears or bed lining tub or................... I guess I do have an issue with which mod is next...
Old 05-10-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just pick something and fix the incidentals. I threw on a bumper and winch and 35's and it sagged. I added a leveling kit, and it wasnt enough. Added OME HD springs and now i need 37's to fill the void under flatties. So now ive gotta add gussets...

Now i need 4.88's. If the diffs are open, might as well add an e-locker to the rear. Then I need a tire carrier. I like the RROR tire cage, so that means corner armor too...

That might seem like rambling, but a mod junkie will be able to look at that and say "HA! I get that!"
Old 05-10-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

The way I do mods since my first jeep is, wheel it stock....ok I need a lift....wheel it lifted....ok I need winch, need bumper to mount winch.....wheel again, ok, I need a snorkel.....wheel again, ok some flares may help.....so on so forth.

I think I have it down to a science and the only issues I have are brand and looks.

So now I have my JK I think I gave all essential mods to get me out of a bad situation, all the rest is icing on the cake from here.

Btw....crusher corners next!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't worry my friend, you are not alone

We should have a "Jeepers Anonymous" group (I know there is another thread for this )

I came up with this logo

Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having same problem ,want a rear bumper and tire carrier but find myself needing to upgrade tie rod and get adj rear trackbar and other 'boring" stuff. I want to buy the cool stuff but I prob should get the stuff that will break on trail upgrades first.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Jeeps are like puzzles, everyone is different and they all look great.
I put my mod list together trying to keep it under a certain amount...
front bumper and winch came after I got stuck in snow... 1st mods...
then I upgraded the skids... making sure I could go over stuff without ripping things...
then I read that the evap canister is in a bad place,, move it or skid it...
then of course one needs to be able to air down and back up....
front is 1" lower now.... my lift is needed to fix that..... I like it this way alot.... but I need a soft top.... research research etc........ weekend gets here go wheeling.... oh what is that noise,,,, 1st trail damage.... front drive shaft boot hits a rock (so I thought)... rips boot... clamp is jumping around on the drive shaft making the noise... fix it with duct tape...
get home after 4 hrs of wheelin post 1st trail damage.... and find out my front drive shaft didn't hit a rock but due to the lift it hits the tranny pan.... very small dent... so the fix is to mod the front drive shaft with an after market one..... a mod due to a mod........ so once you think your done and the puzzle is completed a piece goes missing..... wow...

Last edited by JK-jeepit; 05-10-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default I know the feeling when making mods, I think I can sleep now, well at least for a bit

I just finished my build after a few months. Its a 2007 JK Unlimited Red Rock Rubi with a 4in Pro Comp lift, 1in teraflex spacer in front, 37 in BFG KM2''s on XD Hoss Gloss Black 17in wheels, 1.5 in Spidertrax spacers, Smittybilt XRC Front and rear bumpers, NFAB Side Bars, Bushwacker flat fenders, Gibson Dual Exhaust, Superchip Flash Pak Chip, K&N Intake, Hella 700 Lights x10, under carriage rock lights, CARR Rota Light Bar, Teraflex quick discos, Billit Grille, Rough Country Light protectors front/rear, DVD headrests, Hood graphic (Mountain Edition but longer), Milemarker 12,000 lb winch. I got a little carried away on the paint though...They actually make spray paint from Mopar that matches the paint codes...

I know Im missing something...anyway Im still thinking about other mods like stronger axles, maybe going to a 6in lift. Maybe this will give you some ideas....

By the way, I have 4.10 gears on Dana 44's and didnt re-gear and this thing rides like it was stock but with more HP and attitude. Alot of people say you need to re-gear but I didnt even lose gas mileage..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-07_14-24-54_109.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	169490   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-07_14-21-54_297.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	169493   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-07_14-25-08_812.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	169495   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-07_14-23-14_577.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	169496  

Quick Reply: Do you have a hard time choosing you next mod?