Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

do you frequentely use your soft top ???

Old 05-09-2011, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to convince the wife to put the soft top on sooner than later. She wants to wait until June, and I want to pull the trigger now.
She uses it as the DD, so I guess she wins.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wish I had a hardtop since it's currently my daily driver.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Here in New England, we're famous for frigid winters and crazy hot summers. I've got dual top and I love it. Hard top came factory, picked up a 4 door factory soft top used for $350 and run it May - Oct with top down anytime it's above 60 deg and the sun is shining. Without a garage or a friend on constant call, a 4 door hard top is a challenge to say the least.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I swap my hard top and soft top out seasonally. I love it!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Never had a hardtop. Soft top or no top here!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i live in Windsor Ontario and my soft top goes on easter weekend and the hard top does not go back on until Halloween!
Dude.....you are buying a Jeep....it would be a crime not to experience the FREEDOM!!!

enjoy those sunny days!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

My peevious jeep I had doul tops, a factory hard top and aftermarket soft top. Every year I would take the hard top off and put the soft top on. My JK only has a hard top and I do not plan to get a soft top. With the freedom top I can have no roof a ove my head in minutes and enjoy the sun and air.....if I want to protect the contents in my jeep from theft, peace and quiet, a/c or a heater it only takes a few minutes to get r done.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Salut!

I spent last July in Kirkland Lake, ON and almost never had the top on!

Mine came with both tops only because my wife wanted both. She now thinks she'll get just the soft top when she buys her own Jeep.

I was happy with just the soft top as it was more convenient most of the time. BUT - when I got my Congo Cage and 8 foot (!) rack the wind noise was something you would have to experience to believe. With no top, the noise is so bad you can't drive above 60 km/h. With the soft top on you can get to 100 before you go mental.

With the freedom panels installed - hard top on or off - it's quite bearable.

My case is special as I have a unique set up but if you're looking for experiences to help you decide then there ya go.

As far as heat - the heater is awesome and the top won't matter. Same with A/C. Might be different in Arizona but you're not there.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

I use it beginning late spring through october. Ocassionally we get a warm day in November. My wife dislikes riding with the top down.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My father was born in Kirkland Lake.....haven't been there for a while
Originally Posted by Gaidheal
Salut!

I spent last July in Kirkland Lake, ON and almost never had the top on!

Mine came with both tops only because my wife wanted both. She now thinks she'll get just the soft top when she buys her own Jeep.

I was happy with just the soft top as it was more convenient most of the time. BUT - when I got my Congo Cage and 8 foot (!) rack the wind noise was something you would have to experience to believe. With no top, the noise is so bad you can't drive above 60 km/h. With the soft top on you can get to 100 before you go mental.

With the freedom panels installed - hard top on or off - it's quite bearable.

My case is special as I have a unique set up but if you're looking for experiences to help you decide then there ya go.

As far as heat - the heater is awesome and the top won't matter. Same with A/C. Might be different in Arizona but you're not there.

Quick Reply: do you frequentely use your soft top ???