Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do you ?!?!?!?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you ?!?!?!?

Am I the only person that spends money on the jeep and find myself broke? I mean I have no problem buying food or gas. But I always find myself paying a few bills late and not being able to spend money on going out and shopping for clothes.

Just pulled the trigger on an ARB bumper and a few bills are gonna be late plus no spending money. lol

This damn jeep really does know how to get the best of me
Old 09-19-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not preaching at all just advice , late bills can get out of hand quick if you have unforeseen circumstances , most people always plan like everything will be as planned , i learned the hard way years ago to plan for worst case scenario and hope for the best especially with the way the economy is , again dont know your situation or anything just sayin
Old 09-20-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Super Freak

There is a reason that people say Jeep: Just Empty Every Pocket.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

I have never considered spending on anything, (hobbies, etc.), until after the bills are paid, and I've saved any extra until there is more than enough to get the item I want. This way, what's left over in the account will always increase, barring any unforeseen expenditures.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by justbandit55
Am I the only person that spends money on the jeep and find myself broke? I mean I have no problem buying food or gas. But I always find myself paying a few bills late and not being able to spend money on going out and shopping for clothes.

Just pulled the trigger on an ARB bumper and a few bills are gonna be late plus no spending money. lol

This damn jeep really does know how to get the best of me
You only have ( 1 ) expensive toy. Try having two. Just Empty Every Pocket / Hundred Dollars

Old 09-20-2012, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me, you're not alone. It seems every paycheck i get somehow ends up going to upgrades for the jeep. I also have another car and a mortgage, which tend to get in the way of my jeep purchases. Thankfully, i made myself a spreadsheet of what i can spend after all the bills have been payed. It just pisses me off when i can't get the things i want. Anyways, yea, i know what you're going through.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I have never considered spending on anything, (hobbies, etc.), until after the bills are paid, and I've saved any extra until there is more than enough to get the item I want. This way, what's left over in the account will always increase, barring any unforeseen expenditures.
I'm with you on this one ronjenx. I never spend until every bill is paid. Being married and having a kid it always seems that every month some unforeseen circumstance happens and it pushes the "I'm going to pull the trigger on that item" date farther and farther back and it siphons the "mod stash" a bit. Not complaining i love my family, but I remember when I was younger and single, I was able to survive on Cup O Noodles for a few months if needed to save up for a mod. Specially in this economy I'm starting to turn into a penny pincher kind of guy... lol
Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

In my early 20's I bottomed out my account when spending on other hobbies. Definitely don't like doing that, and now have too many responsibilities to even remotely consider it.

Take advantage of it while you can

Old 09-20-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10 years ago I pumped over $20,000 in mods on my TJ in less than a year. I was young, stupid, and had a large limit on the credit card. I am still trying to pay off that credit card and the TJ has been sold for 6 years. I never missed/late on a payment but never got out of the hole either. Got stuck in a Civic for the past 6 years (no fun) and I am just now getting back into the sport with a 12. Those TJ mods were cool for a couple years but eventually it catches up to you and you spend many more years learning your lessons.

My 12 will stay fairly stock until the tires go bald... Except what I can fab myself!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

In all seriousness, It sounds like I'm in the same boat at JKbender... I definitely learned a lot through and after my years of spending frivolously. Now I'm stingy (ah, penny-wise) as all get-out, and enjoy driving a basically stock JK.

Quick Reply: Do you ?!?!?!?