Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jester116th
I'm with the OP, they suck! I was going to have them do a Hemi install, i shipped a crate engine and transmission to them then they found out I was researching other shops they said they didn't want my business anymore and to come get my parts.
When I got there I found out they'd left my tranny outside in the weather unprotected. I had to replace it with a new one
Wow, there has got to be more to this story....what else went on for them to turn down a big install job and ruin your transmission?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default From the owner...

Rodney, good morning.

From my perspective on this situation, we tried to make you happy - you choose not to accept our hospitality.

Let's give a little perspective on the whole story, shall we? You originally contacted us to purchase these sliders directly from T&T, then you orderred them from NorthRidge because they offered you "free shipping" - although you paid more to Northridge than purchasing direct from us... Our retail is $549.95, you said your invoice from Northridge was $599.99... So, we get a PO from Northridge and fulfilled the order to our customer - NORTHRIDGE - and drop shipped the part. Now when you had a problem with said part you call us direct, after discussing it with Northridge, we in our attempt to have customers satisfied with our product, decided to help you directly.

I contacted TNT customs and was told we will do whatever it takes to make you happy this is an isolated incident and we are 99.9% sure you will be happy if we send you a new set and send call tag for old set or if you would like we will pay to have that sent re-powder coated.
We offerred to have his set repaired right there in Florida at a Powder Coater of his choosing on our dime, OR we would send him a replacement set AND send a call tag for the defective part... You decided to not let us waranty our product.

After doing your "research" you decided to return the product for a refund, which is fine and your choice; however, you wanted to return them direct to us. You DIDN'T buy them from us and were informed that you need to work with NorthRidge and get things handled through them. All the while we were in contact with NorthRidge and told them how we were willing to resolve this - let us know how to procede... At this point our hands are tied. Meanwhile you choose to call multiple times directly to us - each time the subsequent conversation deterioating to more whinning, we informed you that you need to call Northridge for the refund . Per our conversations, we would refund Northridge when we recieved the sliders - this is standard operating procedure for any business. Northridge would then refund you. A little sidebar on refunds... Refunds from any credit card take 3-5 business days - it's just the way the world works. Now since there were two transactions involved in this sale, the timing took longer for you to recieve your refund.

T&T cannot refund your money because T&T never took your money. We were trying to make it right by getting you the product you ordered - either by replacing it or having it repaired in FL, you decided you no longer wanted the product. So to speed up the process we, T&T, sent a call tag to get the product back - on our dime, no charge to you. Our policy, as is most in the industry, is if you don't want the product you pay to ship it back. We waived that for you, provided you with a call tag to have them shipped back to us...

The question I have for you is, did you get your full $599.99 back from NorthRidge? If I were a betting man, I'd say no. You got your money back from NorthRidge, minus the shipping charge although they were shipped "free". Again SOP (standard operating procedure) in the industry, is that you the customer are responsible for the shipping on the return; however, didn't we provide the call tag at no charge to you for the return? The reason I feel this is a safe bet, is this post on the forum and every other forum you hid behind your keyboard and copied and pasted this rant on. Otherwise why would you be calling me and my company out on a public forum? You didn't get all your money back. But you did...

So why,
they run a poor business and customer service is HORRIBLE
would we provide you a call tag to return the product to us, in order to speed up the refund process on our dime???

Seems to me someone needs a Snickers.

Sincerely,
Robert Levenhagen, President
T&T Customs, Inc.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jester116th
I'm with the OP, they suck! I was going to have them do a Hemi install, i shipped a crate engine and transmission to them then they found out I was researching other shops they said they didn't want my business anymore and to come get my parts.
When I got there I found out they'd left my tranny outside in the weather unprotected. I had to replace it with a new one
You really want to go there?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RockYacht
Rodney, good morning.

From my perspective on this situation, we tried to make you happy - you choose not to accept our hospitality.

Let's give a little perspective on the whole story, shall we? You originally contacted us to purchase these sliders directly from T&T, then you orderred them from NorthRidge because they offered you "free shipping" - although you paid more to Northridge than purchasing direct from us... Our retail is $549.95, you said your invoice from Northridge was $599.99... So, we get a PO from Northridge and fulfilled the order to our customer - NORTHRIDGE - and drop shipped the part. Now when you had a problem with said part you call us direct, after discussing it with Northridge, we in our attempt to have customers satisfied with our product, decided to help you directly.

We offerred to have his set repaired right there in Florida at a Powder Coater of his choosing on our dime, OR we would send him a replacement set AND send a call tag for the defective part... You decided to not let us waranty our product.

After doing your "research" you decided to return the product for a refund, which is fine and your choice; however, you wanted to return them direct to us. You DIDN'T buy them from us and were informed that you need to work with NorthRidge and get things handled through them. All the while we were in contact with NorthRidge and told them how we were willing to resolve this - let us know how to procede... At this point our hands are tied. Meanwhile you choose to call multiple times directly to us - each time the subsequent conversation deterioating to more whinning, we informed you that you need to call Northridge for the refund . Per our conversations, we would refund Northridge when we recieved the sliders - this is standard operating procedure for any business. Northridge would then refund you. A little sidebar on refunds... Refunds from any credit card take 3-5 business days - it's just the way the world works. Now since there were two transactions involved in this sale, the timing took longer for you to recieve your refund.

T&T cannot refund your money because T&T never took your money. We were trying to make it right by getting you the product you ordered - either by replacing it or having it repaired in FL, you decided you no longer wanted the product. So to speed up the process we, T&T, sent a call tag to get the product back - on our dime, no charge to you. Our policy, as is most in the industry, is if you don't want the product you pay to ship it back. We waived that for you, provided you with a call tag to have them shipped back to us...

The question I have for you is, did you get your full $599.99 back from NorthRidge? If I were a betting man, I'd say no. You got your money back from NorthRidge, minus the shipping charge although they were shipped "free". Again SOP (standard operating procedure) in the industry, is that you the customer are responsible for the shipping on the return; however, didn't we provide the call tag at no charge to you for the return? The reason I feel this is a safe bet, is this post on the forum and every other forum you hid behind your keyboard and copied and pasted this rant on. Otherwise why would you be calling me and my company out on a public forum? You didn't get all your money back. But you did...

So why, would we provide you a call tag to return the product to us, in order to speed up the refund process on our dime???

Sincerely,
T&T Customs, Inc.
Wow! Now we know the REST of the story.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

OH DAMN.........
Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Boom...and there's the rest of the story. To the OP, sorry it didn't work out for you but man-up and quit the bitch session. Certainly sounds like T&T was going out of their way to help. Coming on here and flaming them and nearly every person who has responded to your posting is childish to say the least.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:30 AM
JK Super Freak

That. Was awesome. Good to see a company stick up for themselves against Whiney BS. Please sell me something
Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

I went and made some real popcorn
Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rodney, good morning.

So why, would we provide you a call tag to return the product to us, in order to speed up the refund process on our dime???

Sincerely,
T&T Customs, Inc.
This was awesome.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You really want to go there?
Now I want to hear the rest of this story too!

Quick Reply: Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!