Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

red,

The OP was attempting to fraudulently extract money and was completely unreasonable.

As an owner of multiple businesses, a college professor, a father, a member of my community, and a leader in several organizations, I employ Covey principles--and they work.

However, if a student in one of my classes, and employee or a client purposefully attempts to lie, cheat, or steal, there comes a point where certain Covey principles don't achieve the same result.

Teaching and coaching communication, management, and life skills is most appropriate one-on-one or in smaller groups with common objectives.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I am very impressed with T&T and Northridge on this and many other occasions. :thumbup:

Shit, now I have to find something to buy from them
Old 02-15-2013, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

I remember the first time I got on this forum about 2 months ago. I don't remember the posts I looked at or what they were about but I do remember my reaction to those posts. "These guys are bruta!l" is what I recall saying. I know that in this indusutry/ market there are a lot of opinions and views on what people want to do to their jeeps (paradigms you might say). But I do know that everyone on here loves their jeep. There is great pride in being able to modify your jeep and having others notice it.

That same pride comes from making parts that your customers are proud to put on their jeeps. We work hard to make products that you're proud to put on your rig. As in every business, not everything comes out perfectly. Any business that says they are perfect you need to be warey of. So, you try your best to warranty the product and make the customer happy. When the only thing you can do is give them money back, that's what you do. We stand behind our products. That tells you we believe in them. Every business learns new things everyday-if they don't there is a problem. So, what did we learn from all of this? We really don't get many customers like this so we did learn from this. Some things will be done slightly different in the future. Customer service is something that I take highly personal and this has educated me to handle it slightly different in the future. I doubt we'll make 100% of the people happy but we'll try.

We have been doing major website changes lately(behind the scenes right now) You'll see them in the not so far future. But, one thing that came out of this post is that sliders will be available both powder coated and raw. You guys can choose how you want them. Most of us scrape them up anyways!

I enjoy the posts-even the ones with advice believe it or not. We are an ever growing and changing company. Bottom line is tho, we love to go wheeling and we love to help you enhance your Jeep for wheeling and that's why we do what we do.

Mary Levenhagen
T&T Customs
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

like, like
Old 02-15-2013, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shopboss
I remember the first time I got on this forum about 2 months ago. I don't remember the posts I looked at or what they were about but I do remember my reaction to those posts. "These guys are bruta!l" is what I recall saying.

Mary Levenhagen
T&T Customs
Actually compared to some of the other Jeep forums most on here are pretty civil. Not even much cussing. But some topics do get heated.

But I do appreciate the effort, risk, and headaches aftermarket companies put up with to help us build our Franken-Wranglers.

In my opinion the huge aftermarket support is the primary reason to purchase a Wrangler.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by shopboss
I remember the first time I got on this forum about 2 months ago. I don't remember the posts I looked at or what they were about but I do remember my reaction to those posts. "These guys are bruta!l" is what I recall saying. I know that in this indusutry/ market there are a lot of opinions and views on what people want to do to their jeeps (paradigms you might say). But I do know that everyone on here loves their jeep. There is great pride in being able to modify your jeep and having others notice it.

That same pride comes from making parts that your customers are proud to put on their jeeps. We work hard to make products that you're proud to put on your rig. As in every business, not everything comes out perfectly. Any business that says they are perfect you need to be warey of. So, you try your best to warranty the product and make the customer happy. When the only thing you can do is give them money back, that's what you do. We stand behind our products. That tells you we believe in them. Every business learns new things everyday-if they don't there is a problem. So, what did we learn from all of this? We really don't get many customers like this so we did learn from this. Some things will be done slightly different in the future. Customer service is something that I take highly personal and this has educated me to handle it slightly different in the future. I doubt we'll make 100% of the people happy but we'll try.

We have been doing major website changes lately(behind the scenes right now) You'll see them in the not so far future. But, one thing that came out of this post is that sliders will be available both powder coated and raw. You guys can choose how you want them. Most of us scrape them up anyways!

I enjoy the posts-even the ones with advice believe it or not. We are an ever growing and changing company. Bottom line is tho, we love to go wheeling and we love to help you enhance your Jeep for wheeling and that's why we do what we do.

Mary Levenhagen
T&T Customs
Now this is a great post from the folks at T&T!!!

This follows some of the principles that I spoke about when I suggested the Covey subject matter to RockYacht. This post shows that Mary 1st seeked to understand and then followed that to be understood.

I never endorsed what the OP was trying to do but then again it really was not my place to try to understand what he was trying to achieve as an end result in all of this either. I was just a bit put off when I read the 1st reply in this discussion by RockYacht because it seemed to follow the same type of behavior coming back in a retaliatory manor as the OP had done, which many did not agree with either. Like I stated earlier, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Thank you for that post.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

A Stephen R Covey reference?!?!?

Just when you thought you'd seen/heard it all...
Old 02-16-2013, 10:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Posts Removed!

First let me say a good open discussion is exactly what the new management of this forum is looking for but we need to keep the discussion on topic and civil. Please refrain from personal attacks of the OP or other members and keep the discussion on topic. Several posts on this thread have been removed because they aren't on topic and are not conducive to a civil discussion. Thanks for your cooperation!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

I love the Sliders but hate powder coating, prefer paint, cause I just scrape the powder coating off in about 6 months on most everything I buy. What are the chances you would sell me a set of sliders with the adventure step and the boatsides for underneath with out the powder coating? Could PM me a price and shipping? zip 22315.

Love the products you make, came close to buyin skids for JK twice, living on the east coast with you on the west side of country was the only reason I didnt get them.

Quick Reply: Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!