Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CommandoRubi
That's it I need money. I'm very poor and and have to buy diapers. Are you fucking kidding me
It's not your fault

It's not your fault

It's not your fault

It's not your fault

Good Will Hunting - It's Not Your Fault - YouTube
Old 02-14-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I'm pretty disappointed that TNT's customer service deciding to make this a public discussion matter, where they took an offensive/defensive stance in this forum.

P.S. To the TNT customer service forum guy. I would like to suggest that you look into taking a course by Franklin Convey called "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People". Within that course they talk about how you decide to choose how to react to a situation and also talk about always thinking "Win/Win" when dealing with situations. You chose to react in a "Win/Lose" manor when you chose to respond. Which was good for you, but not good for the other party involved in the situation.
Red I understand what you are saying. But many of these aftermarket companies making stuff for our Wranglers are relativley small operations. They are not Walmarts with many thousands of employees and stores, PR divisions, lawyers...etc. Their press is these forums, not CNN.

I think an irate Jeeper posting "DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY" threads on forums inhabited by the very finite number of customers these specialty shops cater to can be pretty damaging.

Sure the company has to throttle anger/defensivness in their response but I think it possible no reponse would be more damaging to their business than risking a public response.

Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited by Yankee; 02-14-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

I would disagree with Red's assertion in it's entirety. T&T tried very extensively to create a win/win (collaborative) situation with the OP on multiple occasions (working with a local powder coat company, trying to ship out new sliders, and then full refund) only to have to OP recede from the collaboration at every turn. The level headed among us would agree that T&T did everything right prior to the posting of this thread from a customer service perspective only to get a libelous thread levied against them in a public forum.
I would go one step further to say that I would write a thread extolling my interaction with Bob's company and their efforts to make things right. There comes a time when one has to realize that a win/win situation in not attainable and another course of action charted. I would argue that he stuck with trying for a win/win at great length, doing right for guy that in the end appeared likely to never be a customer again. (Side note, I facilitate the courses to which Red was referring)

Seriously though, where's the hemi/transmission story?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow!

It is threads like these that make me want to do business with Northridge4x4 and with TnT Customs.

I remember an old thread on jeep forum.com where some guy ordered a built to order TJ axle from Northridge4x4 that he thought was shipped with the wrong gear ratio. David did more than everything possible to make sure everything was right. Just like Bob here, David demonstrated that he was a class act and that the OP was a whiny bitch who was trying to get something that wasn't right.

Even though TnT didn't directly sell the sliders, they were willing to cover a $400 cost to sandblast and re-powdercoat them in FL. The rust in the pics is a powercoating problem, not a design problem. Re-powdercoated, the sliders would be perfect.

Then, the OP tries to get a refund from TnT on shipping even though he got a $599 refund from Northridge4x4. He looks like as much of a fraud as that guy on the jeep forum.com thread did years ago.

Northridge4x4 and TnT are class acts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

I've never done business with either company but I would now. The fact that they offered 2 solutions to the problem and then you bailed on them not giving them a chance to make the correction. No one or company is perfect but it says a lot when a mistake is acknowledged and is trying to be resolved. Rarely will anyone say anything good about an exceptional service they received. FYI, if it was me I would just touch them up and be done with it. To much fighting and not enough looking out for one another.

Maybe post about the issue and how they tried to resolve it but you decided you didn't want them. Post how great they were at breaking policy just to accomodate you. AND be happy that they are a company that builds products for JK's.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nreese
I've never done business with either company but I would now. The fact that they offered 2 solutions to the problem and then you bailed on them not giving them a chance to make the correction. No one or company is perfect but it says a lot when a mistake is acknowledged and is trying to be resolved. Rarely will anyone say anything good about an exceptional service they received. FYI, if it was me I would just touch them up and be done with it. To much fighting and not enough looking out for one another.

Maybe post about the issue and how they tried to resolve it but you decided you didn't want them. Post how great they were at breaking policy just to accomodate you. AND be happy that they are a company that builds products for JK's.
X2 on fighting and looking out for each other. Northridge is a stand up vender and if I did not have sliders already, TNTs would be high on my list. If it were up to me, just for your positive attitude, I'd give you a discount.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I'm unhappy with Northridge4x4 and TnT too.

Northridge, I can't find these sliders on your site.

TnT, The pictures I've seen on here are better than the ones on your site. From what I've seen on here I'm now interested.

But I am happy with the OP because I wouldn't have even given these a second look before this thread was started.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by RockYacht
Interesting... I only brought our side to the forum after we were thrown under the bus by the OP... We have been handling this situation off line for 2 weeks to resolve this situation for the customer. Did we have one get by the goalie? Yes. In manufacturing, no matter how many QC programs and checks you put in place it happens. What sets you apart as a quality manufacturer is what policies and plans are in place to deal with those instances if/when they come up. I find no fault with the OP when he called and told us he had a problem - my staff promptly and repeatedly tried to help him AND we did an in house review of our powder coating procedures.

Were I have problem, is when he didn't get his way (which what he wanted is fraud IMO) he verbally abused my staff on the phone, threatened them, hung up on them and went directly to his computer and posted a rant on a public forum dragging my company into the mud. If you read my responses, I am professional and truthful. Only giving details omitted by the OP, where his only goal was to inspire the "lynch mob" against - us. Look at the title of his thread...

Sincerely,

Bob
Yeah, I caught that. He threw you guys under the bus and you came back and threw him under the bus in an effort to defend yourself. 2 wrongs don't necessarily make a right. You would have looked much better if you rose above his behavior but you took the same approach as he did to defend your company. I don't blame you one bit for defending your company. You work hard and try hard and I truly understand how undermining it can be when someone is just seeking to be spiteful. I feel you would have came across to the masses as being the bigger man if you didn't react in a Win/Lose manor like I previously described.

Like I mentioned previously, I highly recommend Stephen Convey's 7 Habits of Successful People to you. Then you would understand what I mean by statements like. "You could use a paradigm shift." "You are not a victim of this circumstance, you carry your own weather." "Think win/win 1st." and important in this instance. "Seek First to Understand, then to be Understood."

If you get some some time here's a good one on Paradigm shift that I'm talking about. If you take the time to view this 9 minute video, you could see how a lot this applies to what you described in this situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwvTZ_m4rxo
Old 02-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Yankee
Red I understand what you are saying. But many of these aftermarket companies making stuff for our Wranglers are relativley small operations. They are not Walmarts with many thousands of employees and stores, PR divisions, lawyers...etc. Their press is these forums, not CNN.

I think an irate Jeeper posting "DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY" threads on forums inhabited by the very finite number of customers these specialty shops cater to can be pretty damaging.

Sure the company has to throttle anger/defensivness in their response but I think it possible no reponse would be more damaging to their business than risking a public response.

Just my opinion, of course.
I understand Yankee. We've seen quite a few of these threads before How many of them have you seen where everyone comes in and piles on the company getting mud thrown at them? If that does happen, then the company probably deserves it. Northridge4x4 and T&T have great customer service, great products and the multiple forum members that have experienced that on this forum would have chimed in and said so, where it eventually becomes 1 or 2 people pissing against the wind. Alls I'm saying is that TandT really shouldn't follow that same kind of pissing against the wind behavior. If anything they were given a pretty big opportunity to look like rock stars to everyone in this forum. Choosing a path that allowed other members to pile on the OP was not the correct way to go. So you see what I'm saying? The OP tried to get a lot of people to side with him and pile on TandT. This is a Win/Lose approach. The OP is looking to earn a win, at the expense of TandT taking a loss. TandT came back with the exact same kind of approach as the OP. They used their facts to prove the OP was wrong, thus using the same Win/Loss approach. TandT earns their win by discrediting the OP, and enables forum members to pile on the OP where the OP is now destined for a loss.

It's the exact same behavior. So how can you condemn one on their behavior and celebrate the other for their behavior, where if you really break it down...both parties acted in the exact same manor of trying to smash down the other for their own personal agenda?

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-14-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:08 PM
JK Freak

TNT has what 3 posts out of 150? TNT didn't pile on.

I think, Red, you are wrong. Giving advice like you did strikes me as condescending. What would have Bob say? Nothing? No. People like me, and there seems to be a lot of them, appreciate it when a company sticks up for itself, and its products. Bob didn't disparage the OP. He did defend his company, wife, and his customers.(recall the OP was going after them too).

Your opinion is yours. Good for you. But your advice, in my opinion in misguided.

Quick Reply: Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!